X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZombieAndy
    • Aug 2003
    • 1.1.x

[Forum] Database error, Please help!!

I Upgraded my forums on friday night to 4.1.4 and it seemed to be working when i left it, but then on saturday morning and today, all im getting from my forums is

<!--
    Database error in vBulletin 4.0.6:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT
    userfield.*, usertextfield.*, user.*, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(passworddate) AS passworddate, user.languageid AS saved_languageid,
    IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid,
    language.phrasegroup_global AS phrasegroup_global,
    language.phrasegroup_holiday AS phrasegroup_holiday,
    language.phrasegroup_v3arcade AS phrasegroup_v3arcade,
    language.phrasegroupinfo AS lang_phrasegroupinfo,
    language.options AS lang_options,
    language.languagecode AS lang_code,
    language.charset AS lang_charset,
    language.locale AS lang_locale,
    language.imagesoverride AS lang_imagesoverride,
    language.dateoverride AS lang_dateoverride,
    language.timeoverride AS lang_timeoverride,
    language.registereddateoverride AS lang_registereddateoverride,
    language.calformat1override AS lang_calformat1override,
    language.calformat2override AS lang_calformat2override,
    language.logdateoverride AS lang_logdateoverride,
    language.decimalsep AS lang_decimalsep,
    language.thousandsep AS lang_thousandsep

FROM user AS user
    LEFT JOIN userfield AS userfield ON (user.userid = userfield.userid)
    LEFT JOIN usertextfield AS usertextfield ON (usertextfield.userid = user.userid) LEFT JOIN language AS language ON (language.languageid = IF(user.languageid = 0, 1, user.languageid))

WHERE user.userid = 2;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'language.phrasegroupinfo' in 'field list'
    Error Number : 1054
    Request Date : Saturday, June 11th 2011 @ 12:32:05 PM
    Error Date : Saturday, June 11th 2011 @ 12:32:06 PM
    Script : http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/index.php
    Referrer :
    IP Address :
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :
    -->
    Help!!!!
    My Forums - A Forum dedicated to the horror films comprising the George A. Romero "Dead" series of films, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead.
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

As per your duplicate post elsewhere, you have not upgraded your database to 4.1.4.

4.1.4 files will only work correctly on a 4.1.4 database.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• ZombieAndy
      • Aug 2003
      • 1.1.x

Um maybe your thinking of someone else becuase ive only posted this once.

And i have run the upgrade script, it completed normally. I have managed to resolve this error by manually renaming the phrasegroupinfo_ table and removing the _ from the end of it, then running the upgrade script again.

Also ive been a vBulletin forum administrator since 2001 and know how to run an upgrade, this seems to be a unresolved issue with the 4.1.4 upgrade so rather than patronise people and tell them they havnt run the script i would start looking at the script to try and find what is causing this becuase im not the only person reporting this issue by a long shot.
      My Forums - A Forum dedicated to the horror films comprising the George A. Romero "Dead" series of films, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead.

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ZombieAndy
        Um maybe your thinking of someone else becuase ive only posted this once.
        Yep, my apologies, I seem to have confused you with someone else.

And i have run the upgrade script, it completed normally. I have managed to resolve this error by manually renaming the phrasegroupinfo_ table and removing the _ from the end of it, then running the upgrade script again.
        Renaming the table ? Are you sure, or do you mean you had a column called phrasegroupinfo_ ?

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

And i have run the upgrade script, it completed normally.
          If the upgrade script had been run, it would not say there is a database error in a 4.0.6 database. It would say 4.1.4 at the top of the error if you had run the upgrade script.
          <!--
          Database error in vBulletin 4.0.6:

Invalid SQL:

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• ZombieAndy
            • Aug 2003
            • 1.1.x

I Promise you guys, no disrespect but i have run the upgrade script, twice now. it completed fine, it did not show me any errors.

And sorry i meant the field phrasegroupinfo_, it seems to work now, what we have done is creted a new field manually called phrasegroupinfo and left the phrasegroupinfo_ field as it was. It seems work except it is still showing what appear to be minor errors, in the who's online box its showing "Andy,,,,,," and if i run diagnostics from the admin cp and suspect file types, it picks up alot of files as 'File not recognized as part of vBulletin' and it says my index.php file 'File does not contain expected contents'.

To be honest we are going to restore a database backup made before we did this upgrade and try again from scratch.

Comment

• Paul M
              Former Lead Developer
              vB.Com & vB.Org
              • Sep 2004

You should not have a field called "phrasegroupinfo_" & judging by its location in another database (another thread) it looks like that phrasegroupinfo_ is a leftover issue from a while ago. That said, I dont see how it would have any effect on a current upgrade.

You clearly are not being upgraded by the script, since your version number is still 4.0.6.

Comment

• ZombieAndy
                • Aug 2003
                • 1.1.x

Im really doing my best not to get angry with you guys but your clearly not listening to me. i HAVE run the upgrade script. TWICE. i know how to run a upgrade script, i promise you i have done it. why would i lie about this?

Instead of accusing me of lying, can you please try and find out whats gone wrong and actually help me here? im not the only member reporting this issue so its clearly a wider problem than people not running upgrade scripts.

jeez.

Comment

• Paul M
                  Former Lead Developer
                  vB.Com & vB.Org
                  • Sep 2004

No one accused you of lying.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    Former Customer Support Manager
                    • Jul 2000

The most likely cause of this is that you have not uploaded all the 4.1.4 files. If you don't do that, then running the upgrade script is not going to upgrade you to 4.1.4. Make sure you upload ALL the 4.1.4 files and that version 4.1.4 is showing in the upper right-hand cornet of the upgrade page.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...