X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eh69
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Can I change lang of CKEditor?

Here: http://ckeditor.com/demo I see that CKeditor have polish language. How to enable it in vBulletin?
  • Anders P
    • Feb 2002

Originally posted by eh69
    Here: http://ckeditor.com/demo I see that CKeditor have polish language. How to enable it in vBulletin?
    One have to translate it in the same way as all other phrases in vBulletin.
    I've just started to translate (to Swedish) the new phrases in 4.1.4. and there are a lot of phrases in the CKEditor phrase group that is not used in vBulletin yet, they seemed to be taken straight from the CKEditor and used for the full editor (as can be seen in the demo you link to), so hopefully vBulletin plan to make use of these phrase in the future.
    However it can be helpful to look at the demo when translation, but sometimes (at least in Swedish) it isn't a perfect translation.

But, the short answer to your qeustion is that you have to translate it yourself.

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• eh69
      • Feb 2009
      • 3.8.x

Why its in vBulletin phrases when CKEditor have own translations in /clientscript/ckeditor/lang directory?

Comment

• Anders P
        • Feb 2002

Why its in vBulletin phrases when CKEditor have own translations in /clientscript/ckeditor/lang directory?
        I hadn't seen that, will be helpful when doing my translation since it is already there, just need to be done in the vBulletin phrases.

My guess for why they have it in the vBulletin phrases is that users should be able to change the language of all UI in one place, not just for the editor in one place and the rest of the site in another place.

/Anders
        Anders Pettersson
        Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
        If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
        Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• eh69
          • Feb 2009
          • 3.8.x

Yes, but language from CKEditor file should be loadable from AdminCP. Now I must paste all variables manually... 600 phrases ;/

Comment

• Anders P
            • Feb 2002

Yes, but language from CKEditor file should be loadable from AdminCP. Now I must paste all variables manually... 600 phrases ;/
            Yes, it is a hard work to do manually, but most of the phrases are not used yet so there is no need to translate all of them immediately, since a lot of buttons/functions are not used in vBulletin yet. Also, I've noted they also have some own phrases in the CKEditor phrase group.

/Anders
            Anders Pettersson

Comment

• cnrr
              • Feb 2011
              • 4.1.x

i need include turkish language.. i can't find any language option in ckeditor_config.js... any idea?

i reported issue http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-12435
              Last edited by cnrr; Thu 16 Jun '11, 12:38am.

Comment

• Anders P
                • Feb 2002

You need to translate the language for the CKEditor just as other phrases in vBulletin. However you can find the phrases for your languages in the /clientscript/ckeditor/lang directory? Just find the file for your language and open it in a text editor. Then you can use that as a help when translating th phrases in vBulletin.

/Anders
                Anders Pettersson

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...