• Jul 2008
    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Lynne
    You may add this to additional.css and it will change it for Source mode:
    HTML Code:
    /* Change editor background colors */
    .cke_skin_kama textarea.cke_source {background-color: black !important} 
    .formcontrols .blockrow.texteditor textarea:focus{background-color: black;}
    Unfortunately, in order to modify it for just your style in WYSIWYG mode, you would have to modify the editor_contents.css file and there is a bug associated with that here which won't allow you to apply it to your style - ckeditor calling wrong editor_contents.css file
    I would like to change just the grey colour does this do that for quick reply and advanced?

Comment

• Sean James
      • Apr 2004

Thanks for the code Lynne, I figured this out in another post with another vBulletin member.

The only problem we have is with caching. When you switch between a white and black skin you need to manually delete your browsers cache for the WYSIWYG background to refresh.
      Bluepearl Skins - vBulletin 4 & 5 Skins

Comment

• 04Venom
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Griffin80
        Thanks for the code Lynne, I figured this out in another post with another vBulletin member.

The only problem we have is with caching. When you switch between a white and black skin you need to manually delete your browsers cache for the WYSIWYG background to refresh.
        Hey Griffin, I am also a BP paying member and I'm having this very same problem. I'm not too sure where the additional.css file is though.

Comment

• Sean James
          • Apr 2004

Hey mate we are not allowed to provide support for custom skins here on vBulletin.com

Please send us a support ticket via bluepearl-skins.com from your client area.
          Bluepearl Skins - vBulletin 4 & 5 Skins

Comment

• grey_goose
            • Sep 2009
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Griffin80
            You mind sharing?

Comment

• Mikki
              • Feb 2004

You may add this to additional.css and it will change it for Source mode:
              HTML Code:
              /* Change editor background colors */
              .cke_skin_kama textarea.cke_source {background-color: black !important} 
              .formcontrols .blockrow.texteditor textarea:focus{background-color: black;}
              Unfortunately, in order to modify it for just your style in WYSIWYG mode, you would have to modify the editor_contents.css file and there is a bug associated with that here which won't allow you to apply it to your style - ckeditor calling wrong editor_contents.css file
              Lynne, this ticket has been closed, and the person that closed it stated that it was a duplicate of another ticket, but of course he didn't state what the other ticket was, and I can't find it. Obviously the problem is still there, but I'd like to know if it's being worked, or if someone has found a workaround so that I can change the color of the text in the textarea from #222.

Cheers

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Just under the details of the affected versions etc, there is a section 'Issues'. In there, there is a link:

This issue duplicates:
                VBIV-12282 WYSIWYG editor ignores forum_msg_font stylevar
                Therefore the original entry is http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-12282
                Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Lairston
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 4.0.x

Is this fixed in 4.1.5 because the issue that page says it duplicates doesn't sound like its the same thing since it deals with stylevars. I'm not saying its not the same thing just that it sounds different.
                  Quarrels and Quills - always in need of more members
                  RPG Tools

Comment

• NoClockThing
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 3.5.x

The WYSIWYG Editor in my forum insists on having a whte background with black text.

I have tried everything in this thread and I have followed Steve's instructions here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show....1.4-and-above), which fixed it for the standard editor.

Comment

• =abvolt=
                      • May 2008
                      • 4.2.X

I'm having that same problem but with no images at all on the buttons for the editor.
                      Uberforces

Comment

• Andy
                        • Jan 2002
                        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by =abvolt=
                        I'm having that same problem but with no images at all on the buttons for the editor.
                        Please don't double post.

Comment