Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TeaLeaf
    • May 2006
    • 3.5.x

[Forum] One Member of a Usergroup has all his posts sent to Moderation queue

I have an odd problem on my VB4 installation. I have a standard 'registered member' type of usergroup from which hundreds of people post, but this one user in the usergroup who when he tries to post gets told that a Moderator needs to look at the post first. No obvious permissions issues as the rest of the usergroup manage to post just fine.

Any tips as to what might be going on please?
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Are you using any additional spam add-ons or Akismet?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

What do you have set in AdminCP > Settings > Options > spam management > anti-spam service?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• TeaLeaf
        • May 2006
        • 3.5.x

I think we tracked this down to Akismet settings, thanks for pointing me in that direction! Settings were to check users below 25 posts and for some reason this particular user was not liked by Akismet and so his posts got queued for moderation. We changed the limit to one less than his total post count and the problem disappeared.

Ah well, problem resolved and help gratefully acknowledged & received with thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...