X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AllanZ
    • Feb 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] HTML Code messup

That is what happens when i use the HTML bbcode on my forums. I know it has to do with the style, but I am not sure how to fix it.
  • riceboi1230
    • Nov 2010
    • 4.1.x

It means your monitor is not wide enough or your style is just too wide.

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

We would need a link to see this to be more specific than what riceboi1230 posted.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• nakedanvil
        • Mar 2010

Depends also on what you expect and what you are getting. What is it that you feel is wrong with what you posted? I see people all the time post a picture and say "why does it do this"? And we're all trying to figure out what part he's referring to.

Comment

• AllanZ
          • Feb 2011
          • 4.1.x

The problem I am having is the same problem you get when you type a long sentence in notepad, it gives you are bar at the bottom to scroll to the left and right, but if you turn on wordwrap it just cuts it off when it gets to the edge of the notepad window, the same thing should happen with the [html] tag, but it doesnt, it does wordwrap the long sentences etc.

Comment

• nakedanvil
            • Mar 2010

I suspect it's done in order to display the code accurately. A line break would require inserting an HTML line break and corrupting the code. Sounds plausible to me, but what do I know?

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

What your image shows is not something that happens on my default 4.1.3 site which is why I asked for a link. I get a scroll bar on my default site. So, you have changed something that is causing the issue you are seeing.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• nakedanvil
                • Mar 2010

HTML Code:
                Just wondering what you get here with a long text string with no returns. Just wondering what you get here with a long text string with no returns. Just wondering what you get here with a long text string with no returns.
                Yep, all on one line, no text wrap.

His image above just doesn't show the entire screen and he does have a scroll bar. His question is about text wrapping within the HTML code box.

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Actually, looking again, he does have a scroll bar in the html box. So, I have no idea what the problem is unless he states it in english.

Comment

• nakedanvil
                    • Mar 2010

HTML code in a code box will not/cannot wrap. That would require adding HTML code to force the break, the very thing the code box is meant to avoid - adding any formatting code.

Comment