X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozer826
    • Oct 2010
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Intergrating a website with my vbulletin forums

I apologize if this has been posted somewhere as I’ve looked just about everywhere but can't seem to find the specific info I’m looking for.

Our vbulletin 4.1.2 forums have grown tremendously over the last 2-3 months and we’'l like to expand our site to be more then just the forums home page and CMS. Is it possible to use a website template and then incorporate our vbulletin forums within the site? So they can register on either one and it will work for both? Even if the Forums tab on the website opened another window to our forums that wouldn’t be bad. Also having the site be the same theme would be ideal but even if they are similar in color/design that’s cool.

Is this possible? I feel I’m no noob with vbulletin but I’m no pro either. Been around a while but never gone down this road trying to integrate a website.

Thanks for the info in advance.
  • Ramsesx
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

What are you missing now, could you be more detailed? And why do you need a login for this "other" site?

Comment

• Dozer826
      • Oct 2010
      • 3.8.x

trying to find the steps in doing this if its possible.

I'll buy a website template and bulletin theme that I think are close, but I dont know how to put them together so they run seamlessly.

Usually nicer web templates have sign in areas and it'd be nice for users to have 1 account for the site and

Comment

• Nosfer@tu
        • Mar 2008
        • 3.7.x

Jfusion.

Check my site with joomla 1.5 and Vb 4.1.3

Joomla 1.6 doesent work with vbulletin and jfusion yet.

Comment

• nakedanvil
          • Mar 2010

Yep, login is only needed to keep things secret or when users add content. If you can do it without login it's much easier. Then it's just linking and adding to the navbar. You need to define what you mean by "website". VB is a website. What sort of pages do you want to add?

Comment

• Dozer826
            • Oct 2010
            • 3.8.x

thanks for the info. It's a gaming site so the website would have tabs/links like Home, Forums, Apply to Join, Rosters, Match Results, Calendar stuff like that. As of now thats what our forums have on the navbar but they link to threads. I'd like to be able to create some nice HTML pages with a flash website template and then have the forums matching as well.

lol i guess not having a pw for the site would be the best way, you made a good point they wouldnt really need a login to store info.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...