X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maximutt
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.0.x

Problems With vBulletin Mobile Style

I followed the instructions posted here but it seems the instructions are incomplete:

I can't get my blogs connected using vbulletin-mobile-style-blog.xml.
    When I try to connect to blogs.php, I get this:
    We are sorry, this content is not supported via the mobile style.
    Click Here to go to the Forum Homepage.
    Blogs work in every other style.

The "Full Site" link in the footer also doesn't seem to work at all and it's quite easy to get trapped in this mobile style.

Are there any screen shots of what the default mobile skin is supposed to look like? It seems to be pulling stylevars from other styles which are not parented to it.

Thanks
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

The Blog and CMS styles are not complete - I'm not sure why they've been added to the manual...
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• maximutt
      • Feb 2008
      • 4.0.x

Thanks Trevor.

What about the "Full Site" link in the footer? The addon URL of ?styleid=-1 does nothing for me.
      Any screen shots out there of this skin in full default skin mode?

I like what I have seen so far. I would just like to be able to know how to use it.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Is the problem with the link in the 'Blog' section or when in the forums?
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• acwatts
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

The full site link takes you to the CMS, I edited mine to go to the forum home default style. I have had one user who got stuck in the mobile style as well.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

It doesn't sound like you are talking about the Mobile Suite (something you purchase), but instead you are just talking about the mobile style - is that correct?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• maximutt
              • Feb 2008
              • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
              Is the problem with the link in the 'Blog' section or when in the forums?
              Forums. Blog won't even load with that style. Is this not ready for actual prime time usage yet? Looks great though.

Originally posted by acwatts
              The full site link takes you to the CMS, I edited mine to go to the forum home default style. I have had one user who got stuck in the mobile style as well.
              I don't have the CMS activated but the link associated with "Full Site" is ?styleid=-1. Is that supposed to take you back one style to the default?
              Also, Trevor stated that the CMS Mobile Style is not complete yet. Is it working for you? If so, can you please PM a link? I'd love to see what this is supposed to actually look like on a functioning site.

Originally posted by Lynne
              It doesn't sound like you are talking about the Mobile Suite (something you purchase), but instead you are just talking about the mobile style - is that correct?
              That would be exactly what the title of this thread says.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by maximutt
                That would be exactly what the title of this thread says.
                True, but you posted in the Mobile Suite forum which is for users with problems in the Mobile Suite, not the mobile style.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• n_i_x
                  • May 2011
                  • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                  The Blog and CMS styles are not complete - I'm not sure why they've been added to the manual...
                  And they haven't been removed in 4.1.4 either nor has the documentation been updated.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...