X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BorisPeace
    • May 2011
    • 4.1.x

[CMS] Shown on Frontpage or not

Is there a way to choose if an article will be shown in the frontpage or not?

Let's say I'm opening up a new article under a section, but I want it to be seen only if you are browsing that section, but not on the front page.
  • WhatChaMissin
    • Apr 2005
    • 3.8.x

Click on the article, on the right side under "Section" select the section you want the article to appear and hit save.

Comment

• BorisPeace
      • May 2011
      • 4.1.x

Erm.. Thanks, but this doesn't help me since all articles are shown on the Home screen (FrontPage) regardless of which section they are in. I want them not shown on FrontPage, but to be seen only when you enter it's own section.

Comment

• Edwin Brown
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2009
        • 5.5.x

There is an option on that section edit screen, upper left, to show content from "this section only" or "include subsections". Set this to "this section only". Just above that is "display order". You can set that to "manual, then by date". Then in the lower section where there is a list of articles, give an order to the articles you want to appear on the home page. If you have set "this section only" then only the subsection articles with a display order will show.

This should give enough flexibility for you to do what you want.
        Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...