X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lmgc
    • Nov 2009

[Forum] vBulletin Database Error!

Hi !!

Please can you tell me how to resolve that, i i receive evry time many SQL error :

PHP Code:
    Invalid SQL:

SELECT dataexpireslocktimeserialized
       FROM cache
       WHERE cacheid 
    'vb_types.types';

MySQL Error   MySQL server has gone away
    Error Number  
    Request Date  
    ThursdayMay 19th 2011 02:47:04 PM
    Error Date    
    ThursdayMay 19th 2011 02:47:04 PM
    Script        
    http://www.myforum.com/forum/category/2801link.html
    Referrer      
    IP Address    66.249.66.14
    Username      
    Non inscrit
    Classname     
    vB_Database
    MySQL Version 

Last edited by lmgc; Fri 20 May '11, 2:02am.
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

This is something that you should talk to your host about.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

This is a server issue. You'll need to contact your host about this. Here are the reasons for the MySQL server going away:

Also from the MySQL site:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• lmgc
        • Nov 2009

Thank you Borbole & Steve !!

i'd contacted my hoster and he forwarded me to this faq :

What should I do if I get the error message "Invalid query: MySQL server has gone away"?
        This type of error comes from keeping a mysql connection open without making any requests after a certain time, after which the connection is shut down. The variables wait_timeout and interactive_timeout which control this disconnection are set for 30 seconds:

It's enough if the script does a "ping" regularly to avoid this problem; better still, before sending a request, test to see if the connection is still live and if not, restart it.

I think the solution is to do a ping, its possible to do that with vbulletin ?

best regards

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Not much we can do. Basicly what happened was your query was executed, but the server was under more stress than normal, and the mysql server did not respond in time, then mysql closed the connection while you were waiting for the results.
          I've never heard of this "ping" method. If the script reaches the wait_timeout value, regardless of how soon we've "pinged" it. It will time out. If wait_timeout is 10 seconds, ALL QUERIES MUST FINISH WITHIN 10 SECONDS.

Comment

• lmgc
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Zachery
            Not much we can do. Basicly what happened was your query was executed, but the server was under more stress than normal, and the mysql server did not respond in time, then mysql closed the connection while you were waiting for the results.
            I've never heard of this "ping" method. If the script reaches the wait_timeout value, regardless of how soon we've "pinged" it. It will time out. If wait_timeout is 10 seconds, ALL QUERIES MUST FINISH WITHIN 10 SECONDS.
            hi Zachery !

i would to thank you first,
            if i whell understand i must limit all queries to 30 seconds, should i do some modifications in the vbulletin4 core please or install a spcial hack ?

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

This is a server issue, most likely the wait_timeout setting is too low. You cannot fix this by altering the vB code. This needs to be changed by your host.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...