X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eqvaliser
    • Apr 2008
    • 1.1.x

[CMS] Unable to upload images to articles "suddenly"

Had an issue where something went wrong with folder permissions and trevor was able to fix it.
    But since then i have been unable to upload images at all..

And the real informative error i get which kinda is obvious is "upload of file is failed" well dah..

I have no idea where to start to resolve this issue,
    cause the only thing that have been changed since it "was working" is folder permissions,

When i check PHP info for "upload_tmp_dir" it says "/var/www/vhosts/domainname/domainname/phptmpdir" under local value..
    Well im not sure where that directory is supposed to be located but i dont see it on the ftp server via filezilla..

Oh btw.. Safe mode is off.

Edit update/addition :
    Code:
    running  Diagnostics via admincp
    i get this as result..

Help Pertinent PHP Settings  
    file_uploads: On 
    open_basedir: /var/www/vhosts/domainname/domainnames
    afe_mode: Off 
    upload_tmp_dir: /var/www/vhosts/domainname/domainname/phptmpdir 
    upload_max_filesize: 20.00 MB 

Help Results  
    No file uploaded and no local file found. The test cannot continue.
    And i did ofcourse select a file to upload to test.

Any suggestions ?
    Vbulletin fan
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You have open_basedir restrictions on your server. To get uploads to work you need to create a 'tmp' subdirectory under your main hosting directory and chmod it to 777. Then in the Admin CP set "Upload In Safe Mode?" to 'Yes' and point the "Safe Mode Temp Directory" to that directory. If you placed the tmp directory in the right place, the path to the Safe Mode Temp Directory will be:

/var/www/vhosts/domainname/domainnames/tmp

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Safe Mode Temporary Directory

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Safe Mode Upload Enabled -> Yes
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Eqvaliser
      • Apr 2008
      • 1.1.x

Ok..

Well that didnt work, ewen gave it an hour after changes incase something needed to be updated..

Gonna make a support ticket instead, where i can add sensitive info.. etc.
      Vbulletin fan

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...