• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caracena
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.5.x

[Forum] Style selector not updating with new styles

Hi everybody,

I've just installed a new style and is not displaying in the style selector dropdown even after I changed it to be selectable by users. I've also tried placing /forum.php?styleid=x and the forum changes perfectly but even when displaying the new style, the dropdown shows only the old styles.

BTW the dropdown works. I can switch between the 2 publicly available styles and even the default style which is not displayed publicly.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Cesar Aracena
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
    Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
    s

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• caracena
      • Apr 2006
      • 3.5.x

Thanks Lynne. Sorry for the delay. I was waiting for my daily backup to complete before touching anything.

I solved it by uploading the original files in the "includes" folder as suggested in http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...fter-upgrading, while trying to solve another problem not yet solved -.-

BTW your suggestion was the first logical step so that's what I did first and the problem was not gone. Only by uploading the files again it was finally fixed.

Thanks a lot Lynne!
      Cesar Aracena

Comment

• paulnicholson
        • Mar 2010

I have changed the style colours and assigned the default style to be ranked 10 in Admin Control Panel>Styles and Templates>Style Manager and pressed 'Save Display Order'. My preferred style only shows up sometimes. I have cleared Firefox 4 cache and reloaded the website. Still not obeying me. Do I need to somehow clear the website cache as well? My preferred style is ranked in the display order as '1'. What am I missing?

Comment

• caracena
          • Apr 2006
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by paulnicholson
          I have changed the style colours and assigned the default style to be ranked 10 in Admin Control Panel&gt;Styles and Templates&gt;Style Manager and pressed 'Save Display Order'. My preferred style only shows up sometimes. I have cleared Firefox 4 cache and reloaded the website. Still not obeying me. Do I need to somehow clear the website cache as well? My preferred style is ranked in the display order as '1'. What am I missing?
          Follow the instructions given at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...fter-upgrading. In my case was solved by uploading the /includes/ folder (remember to be careful NOT to overwrite your working config.php, styles, images, etc on your server... do it folder by folder).
          Cesar Aracena

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...