• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gholsie
    • Jul 2000
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Posted Article on Home, can't move it

Hi all,

I have a problem. I promoted a few articles from my forums on the home page section. I now want to move these articles to a new section I created.
    I've tried to change the article's section from the editor. Good news....... it shows up in the new section. Bad news....... it still shows up on the home section.

Can someone please help me figure out how to move these articles permanently to the new section I created? I've been trying to do this for hours and I can't figure it out.

Mike
  • rellect
    • Oct 2008

The home page by default displays all articles from all sections.
    To disabled that you should edit the home page section and change "Content From" from "Include Sub-Sections" to "This Section Only".
    Refael Iliaguyev.

Comment

• Gholsie
      • Jul 2000
      • 4.1.x

Thanks RellecT. I already tried that but the articles are still showing up on my home page.

Comment

• Gholsie
        • Jul 2000
        • 4.1.x

I found the problem!! It looks like articles will continue to show up if you force the order. At the bottom of the section, it allows you to change the order of each article. If you manually set this order, the pages will not go away, no matter where you move them. To fix this, I simply removed the manual order by selecting the empty item from the drop down list.

Possible bug in the vBulletin software. If you manually select the order, it shouldn't override the "Content From" choice.

Mike

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...