X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DevOne5555
    • Feb 2011
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Database error after upgrading to MariaDB

I upgraded from MySQL 5.1.56 to MariaDB 5.2.4 and now I get a database error when I load my site. I'm running vbsuite 4.1.3 on CentOS 5.6 w/Cpanel/WHM. When I check my tables in phpmyadmin everything reports as fine except for this error, in horde, which isn't part of vbulletin anyway:

Code:
    horde.horde_sessionhandler
    Error    : Unknown table engine 'InnoDB'
    error    : Corrupt
    Strange thing is I'm using myisam. I'm hoping someone has more experience with this than I do. Eva2000 maybe? I followed the upgrade instructions on the MariaDB website down to the letter. I've checked both the Apache and MySQL error logs, but nothing reveals there's any problem. SQL starts successfully.
  • DevOne5555
    • Feb 2011
    • 4.2.X

Ok, I've figured out the problem. There's a library somewhere that didn't get updated:
    Code:
    mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50156 Library:50204
    /home/user/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 314
    I can't find out where it is though. Anyone?

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

Does MariaDB have its own client for php that you need to install ?
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• DevOne5555
        • Feb 2011
        • 4.2.X

No, it's a drop-in replacement for MySQL. MariaDB is a MySQL fork. Works entirely the same as Oracle MySQL. The error is in the conflicting minor version numbers:

50156 = 5.1.56
        50204 = 5.2.4

How do I figure out where the error is? I've tried things like:

Code:
        rpm -qa | grep '*5.1.56'
        But I get nothing. The error isn't in class_core.php is it?

Comment

• George L
          Former vBulletin Support
          • May 2000
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by DevOne5555
          I upgraded from MySQL 5.1.56 to MariaDB 5.2.4 and now I get a database error when I load my site. I'm running vbsuite 4.1.3 on CentOS 5.6 w/Cpanel/WHM. When I check my tables in phpmyadmin everything reports as fine except for this error, in horde, which isn't part of vbulletin anyway:

Code:
          horde.horde_sessionhandler
          Error    : Unknown table engine 'InnoDB'
          error    : Corrupt
          Strange thing is I'm using myisam. I'm hoping someone has more experience with this than I do. Eva2000 maybe? I followed the upgrade instructions on the MariaDB website down to the letter. I've checked both the Apache and MySQL error logs, but nothing reveals there's any problem. SQL starts successfully.
          Ok, I've figured out the problem. There's a library somewhere that didn't get updated:
          Code:
          mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50156 Library:50204
          2 different errors here

First one is possibly you had innodb storage engine support enabled at one time and it converted your vB tables to innodb but now you have innodb storage engine support disabled. I wrote a blog post about this at http://vbtechsupport.com/675/ yes you may have had those tables automatically converted to innodb format at one stage. Choices are either convert the tables from innodb back to myisam OR setup and configure MariaDB for innodb storage engine support (enable it) and tune your innodb settings in my.cnf. If you need to convert back to MyISAM follow guide i posted at http://vbtechsupport.com/675/. Although you vB tables are myisam, and problem is with horde, you can just convert it back using same method outlined.

Second error, after upgrading mysql you want to recompile mysql to use the new mysql versions client libraries. For most folks it should be sufficient enough to just recompile php with the existing configure options listed in phpinfo.php or via ssh2 telnet command output for php -i | grep configure
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• TECK
            • Dec 2001
            • 3.8.x

Code:
            You need to compile the dynamic shared object (php-mysql package) with mariadb-devel, instead of mysql-devel. That will fix your library headers.

That is the first thing I tested when I compiled my PHP and MariaDB custom rpm's.
            Last edited by TECK; Fri 6 May '11, 8:19pm.
            Floren Munteanu
            Axivo Inc.
            Axivo Searchlight - Turbocharge your web site

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...