Attachments and Albums share total file size?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dai-kun
    • Jul 2005

[Forum] Attachments and Albums share total file size?

The user has 5.15mb of attachments. The attachment quota is set to 10mb. The profile album quota is set to 4mb. Their profile album is empty. They try to upload images to their profile album, but as soon as they click the button to add new photos (before they even see the picture manager) they get "This picture exceeds your total album file size quota by...". I have to set the profile album max quota to 10mb for it to work. Is this how it's suppose to work? I was thinking that the 2 quotas are calculated separately as the settings are separate.
  • stonepilot
    • Apr 2006
    • 4.1.x

I have issues with this as well. It's my view that this is an area that could be greatly enhanced to make it much easier for sites that start get get like one of mine with 20,000 or more attachments and members complaining all the time about the upload feature having poor documentation for the end user, not clearly stating how it all works together with aspects of PHP, the server, the database vs. file system, etc.

I do this for a living and it's confusing for me.
    sigpic
    Life is just a Big Skid

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...