X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LucasxX
    • Apr 2011
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] While Uploading

I use Fila Zilla When Uploading and while uploading the files, SOmetimes it pops up and says one of the files is already created, Over write, Rename, Resume, skip etc.

I don't know which one to press cause I don't want to mess up any files, cause I finally am getting the hang of how to work these and get them set up.

Any one can help me?
  • josiah
    • Nov 2008
    • 4.1.x

If a file already exists then you do not need another the same so do not replace, liken it to going to the supermarket with a shopping list, when you get to the checkout you find two items the same when you only want one.
    <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

Comment

• beishe8
      • Oct 2005
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by LucasxX
      I use Fila Zilla When Uploading and while uploading the files, SOmetimes it pops up and says one of the files is already created, Over write, Rename, Resume, skip etc.

I don't know which one to press cause I don't want to mess up any files, cause I finally am getting the hang of how to work these and get them set up.
      When you are uploading them to upgrade your forum click on overwrite.
      The filename is the same but might have a different content.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Originally posted by josiah1
        If a file already exists then you do not need another the same so do not replace, liken it to going to the supermarket with a shopping list, when you get to the checkout you find two items the same when you only want one.
        Not necessarily true as per beishe8's reply...
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• josiah
          • Nov 2008
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by beishe8
          The filename is the same but might have a different content.
          Well that makes a whole lot of sense !!!!!!! what IS the point of files having the same name and different content ????, If I buy two tins of spam from the shop am I foolish to expect spam in both of them !!!

Comment

• beishe8
            • Oct 2005
            • 4.2.X

Well that makes a whole lot of sense !!!!!!! what IS the point of files having the same name and different content ????, If I buy two tins of spam from the shop am I foolish to expect spam in both of them !!!
            Sorry Josiah1...
            The solution to your problem is : do not ever upgrade your software,then you won't face such huge problem.

Comment

• josiah
              • Nov 2008
              • 4.1.x

I thank you for that.......it is not my intention to be contentious and I bow to your experience, sincerely, but you must see my point ?

Apologies for the Hi-Jack.

Comment

• beishe8
                • Oct 2005
                • 4.2.X

but you must see my point ?
                The point is: files could have errors.

On my site there is a file called calc.htm > 3+1=5

Is that true?
                If someone finds it not to be true and brings it to my attention then I am more than happy to correct it in the same file on my computer and upload it to my site,overwriting the old calc.htm.
                And a thank you goes to "someone" for bringing it to my attention.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

When we release Bug fixes, some files have code changes - do you want us to have to rename the files every time one changes then have to change every reference to that file in every other file/template? No, we just use the same filename.
                  Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...