Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPMiddleton
    • Jan 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] No permissions to post attachments?

I am getting the following message when I try and post an attachment image in a reply on The Product Forum

JPM, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    I have looked at various permissions but can't find the problem, could someone help please?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Have you checked the usergroup manager > usergroup > Attachment Permissions

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• JPMiddleton
      • Jan 2011
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Lynne
      Have you checked the usergroup manager > usergroup > Attachment Permissions
      Thanks for the reply, yup. Set to 'Yes'. Confused.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

There is also the space limit there.

Also look at AdminCP > Settings > Options > message attachment options > limit space taken and attachments per post. What are those settings?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• JPMiddleton
          • Jan 2011
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Lynne
          There is also the space limit there.

Also look at AdminCP > Settings > Options > message attachment options > limit space taken and attachments per post. What are those settings?
          It is set to 0, so there is no disk space limit.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

And attachments per post? That better not be set to 0 also.

Comment

• JPMiddleton
              • Jan 2011
              • 4.1.x

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-04-28 at 22.03.32.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	3682063

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

OK, it sounds like the settings are correct, so now for the fun stuff.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all Products except the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable) AND uncheck all the plugins except those related to the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS by (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager). You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Comment

• JPMiddleton
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 4.1.x

Problem solved (well, it will be) think it's vBseo related.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...