X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lestat_
    • Apr 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] I want to redirect to current thread after posting quickreply

So what needs to be done, is when a user posts a reply with quickreply a redirect to the current thread should execute, so the user sees the first post of the thread after replying with quickreply

Could someone please tell me which file I need to alter to get this done and provide me with the correct code to do this ?

many thanks in advance
  • arvid
    • Jan 2005

This needs a modification of the javascripts that control the posting of a quickreply. You're better off asking this at vbuleltin.org since this forum isn't for custom coding requests. Good luck!

Comment

• Andy
      • Jan 2002
      • 4.1.x

Are you noticing a problem with the default behavior that you're trying to correct?

Comment

• Lestat_
        • Apr 2011
        • 4.1.x

it's not a problem but I would like to alter the default behavior , we recently migrated from phpbb and there I was able to place a redirect in phpcode that redirected to the thread after posting a quickrepy - because I'm new to vbulletin, I thought it would be best to ask pro's instead of messing around in the code myself

Comment

• Andy
          • Jan 2002
          • 4.1.x

This jira issue might help point you in the right direction.

Comment

• Lestat_
            • Apr 2011
            • 4.1.x

tried this but doesn't work

Comment

• Lestat_
              • Apr 2011
              • 4.1.x

i think i have a way do do this, but just don't know where to put it :

if i add this code to the vbulletin_quick_reply.js :
              Code:
              var v = $('.threadtitle a').attr('href');
              window.location=v;
              it should trigger the thread title link so the page should reload.
              If only I knew where to put this extra code, should be when quick_reply_posting is complete

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...