WYSIWYG editor, admin panel and few other issues.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fun-masti
    • Apr 2011

[Forum] WYSIWYG editor, admin panel and few other issues.

Hello,
    I recently started using vbulletin for my board, and have lot of problems already. I have made an import from phpbb 3.0.8 to Vbulltin 4.1.3
    1. WYSIWYG Editor- I have enabled the message interface settings for the full WYSIWYG editor, in user registration settings- changed the editor to full WYSIWYG, also ran sql queries to apply the same to all users. No effect, even though in the user control panel it shows the enhanced WYSIWYG selected, but still user can't use it, not just the imported users but also new registrations, its only admin who can use this feature.
    2. Admin Panel:- I have selected all the (most of them which are needed by admnistrator) for the usergroup Administrators (which already has all admin rights), now when I place a user in this group, they are able to reach the admin panel, but hardly see any option apart from a few namely announcements, vbulletin api, moderation, statistics and logs.
    3. I have tried to run many SQL queries, none of them works. I even tried to update counters, all of them, thinking that might help, but no use.
    4. Missing "New posts" link in the navbar.
    <a href="how2dothis.com">How2DoThis</a>
  • ENF
    • Apr 2002

Originally posted by fun-masti
    Hello,
    I recently started using vbulletin for my board, and have lot of problems already. I have made an import from phpbb 3.0.8 to Vbulltin 4.1.3
    1. WYSIWYG Editor- I have enabled the message interface settings for the full WYSIWYG editor, in user registration settings- changed the editor to full WYSIWYG, also ran sql queries to apply the same to all users. No effect, even though in the user control panel it shows the enhanced WYSIWYG selected, but still user can't use it, not just the imported users but also new registrations, its only admin who can use this feature.
    2. Admin Panel:- I have selected all the (most of them which are needed by admnistrator) for the usergroup Administrators (which already has all admin rights), now when I place a user in this group, they are able to reach the admin panel, but hardly see any option apart from a few namely announcements, vbulletin api, moderation, statistics and logs.
    3. I have tried to run many SQL queries, none of them works. I even tried to update counters, all of them, thinking that might help, but no use.
    4. Missing "New posts" link in the navbar.
    1. WYSIWYG* - Works on a new user account. (I made a test account and it works fine....)
    2. You need to assign specific admin panel rights to those users, see this.
    3. N/A
    4. You've modified your NavBar from the default, thus erasing the "What's New?" button.

*Only works natively with FireFox & Internet Explorer. The other browsers (Safari, Chrome, Opera) will show the bb codes. The current editor is being replaced in vb4.1.4 which will work in all browsers. (I think..)
    Last edited by ENF; Sat 23 Apr '11, 1:42am.
    To be updated...

Comment

• beishe8
      • Oct 2005
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by ENF
      (I think..)
      Wise man.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• fun-masti
        • Apr 2011

I see, so thats prolly because I was testing the other user account on Chrome, thanks for the info.
        2. Sorry, for such a lame thing. I am still new to the vbulletin so didnt knew, that just usergroup settings wouldn't do the job n have to manually give the administrator permissions too.
        3. I checked it with 2-3 other options they didnt work either.
        4. I used the modification to remove "what's new" tab but wanted to retain another tab "today's post/new posts" in the smaller navbar right below the bigger one, which has forum actions, faq n all.

Comment

• ENF
          • Apr 2002

Originally posted by fun-masti
          I see, so thats prolly because I was testing the other user account on Chrome, thanks for the info.
          2. Sorry, for such a lame thing. I am still new to the vbulletin so didnt knew, that just usergroup settings wouldn't do the job n have to manually give the administrator permissions too.
          3. I checked it with 2-3 other options they didnt work either.
          4. I used the modification to remove "what's new" tab but wanted to retain another tab "today's post/new posts" in the smaller navbar right below the bigger one, which has forum actions, faq n all.
          3. ...sorry, I'm not following this one. You indicated you ran SQL queries and then you said you couldn't... [confused].
          4. You'll have to edit the NavBar template and add a new button somewhere for "New Posts" this thread is fairly helpful for this task. (Written by Lynne)

The default URL's for New Posts are as follows:

../search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post (Shows all new posts since user's last visit, this is the default "What's New?" function)
          ../search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post (Shows all posts made in a 24 hour period, typically called "Today's Posts")
          To be updated...

Comment

• fun-masti
            • Apr 2011

The sql querries in the maintenance>execute sql querries....i ran a few querries like changing the editor fr all, changing the posts display n all...at the panel they executed fine..but when i looked at the site..cudnt see the changes...i even updated all the counters frm the update counter option there..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...