Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alan_SP
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] "Phantom" Ads' (Google AdSense and my custom Ads) links when using Opera

I received warning from Google AdSense about accidental clicks. And I noticed that I have "phantom" links when I use Opera (v11).

You can see this when you open some thread and it goes to first unread (actually, whenever page loads to somewhere else than top of the page) post. Imagine where Google AdSense links are (I also use my ads, so I see them too) on the top of the page if you're watching website from top of the page. I have "phantom" links on exact same positions, not only on same positions, but actual links. You can see mouse pointer changing look from arrow to hand, showing where ads would be. If I click on them, I go to Google AdSense, or my ad. It happens till I found real visible (not "phantom") link. After that "phantom" links disappear and everything is fine.

This is a big problem as you can see, Google already warned me about accidental clicks. I could switch to other browser (I'm not sure if only Opera has this problem) or be more careful, but my users too have this problems.

I opened ticket here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-11899

I attached two images, ads1 is image whith phantom link, and ads2 is image when you look at the top of the page, exact same position, but now you see actual Google AdSense Ad.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alan_SP; Wed 20 Apr '11, 4:58pm.
  • setishock
    • Jun 2005
    • 4.2.x

Just out of curiosity does it do that with any other browser?

Comment

• Alan_SP
      • Nov 2009
      • 3.8.x

I didn't noticed this with FireFox, but I don't have/use other browsers. It may be with some of other browsers. Also, I didn't notice this with old version of vB (3.8.4), I just recently upgraded to vB4.1.2 and noticed those phantom links. Strange, like there is some overlay from ads over computer screen, not all links, but just ads. Where ads are, this is link, no matter what is really underneath.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...