Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bszopi
    • Nov 2009
    • 4.1.x

I can see your point, but it seems kind of ridiculous... Anyway, I can't figure it out, but I will give you another way to do it, albeit not the best way. Instead of creating a PHP widget, create a Static HTML widget and use an iframe to display your original PHP file.

HTML Code:
    <p align="center"><iframe src="LINK TO YOUR FILE HERE" width="620" height="500" frameborder="0"></iframe></p>
    Vary the width and height as needed to fit your needs. I did this awhile back, mainly for an Ajax script I wrote that had a couple external file calls, so I didn't think it would work in a PHP widget. Here is my example: http://60degreev6.com/content.php/101-CR-Calc

Comment

• Microlight
      • Nov 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
      It is a modification in the sense that is not default code. We don't support third party proudcts/plugins/code as a whole. This includes: html, css, php, javascript, etc modifications to the code.
      A Widget that is PHP direct execution should be able to put PHP inside and "run it" Everything is contained in the one form. There's no connecting to a DB or anything. I've got a site running Joomla and it works fine on there.
      Regards
      Vince Gledhill
      Forum Administrator
      Microlight Forum

Comment

• Microlight
        • Nov 2009
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by bszopi
        I can see your point, but it seems kind of ridiculous... Anyway, I can't figure it out, but I will give you another way to do it, albeit not the best way. Instead of creating a PHP widget, create a Static HTML widget and use an iframe to display your original PHP file.

HTML Code:
        <p align="center"><iframe src="LINK TO YOUR FILE HERE" width="620" height="500" frameborder="0"></iframe></p>
        Vary the width and height as needed to fit your needs. I did this awhile back, mainly for an Ajax script I wrote that had a couple external file calls, so I didn't think it would work in a PHP widget. Here is my example: http://60degreev6.com/content.php/101-CR-Calc
        Brilliant matey, sorted. I'll remember that. Well I hope I will :-)
        Regards
        Vince Gledhill
        Forum Administrator
        Microlight Forum

Comment

• Edwin Brown
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2009
          • 5.5.x

I'll just throw in my two cents.

What you're trying to do is never going to work well in vBulletin. You are trying to do a form submittal, but I call your attention to this line:

$string .= "<form action='' method='post' enctype='multipart/form-data'>";

since the action is empty, you're not going to submit anywhere. And it can't be a widget, it would have to be a php page. If you want this to work you need to
          • create this as a php page
          • put the page url as the "action" in the form above.
          • Set the cache time to zero. That only works in the more recent versions. About 4.08 if I recall correctly. Please don't quote me.

The whole vBulletin system is designed to cache information to improve performance, so you are working against the it. If we were going to do that, we'd do javascript in a widget. It could also be a static page, but I think a widget would be more useful. That way there's no form submittal, no caching concerns, and you can do it all on one page. I thought there might be a google gadget that did what you want, but I looked and didn't find one. Sorry.

Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...