X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pumarjr
    • May 2006
    • 3.5.x

[Forum] Sidebar/Blocks not linking to posts

can anyone lend me some assistance in figuring this out, i've enabled the forum sideblock, added the forums that I wanted to show new posts from, and when I go to the forum home page the module is empty, it is turned on and so is the block.
    thank you in advance for all who help.
    the board is 4.1.3
    it loads the block but has like code info in them, it's like it will not link to the posts or threads. here's the link, www.jrcbd.com , the only problem is that you need to be registered to view the forum. if someone really knows how to possibly fix this pm me and i'll create you a temp username and pass to login and view the issue. also, the only plugins i have installed are the ones for flash chat, I tried it before i ever added the scripts and it was not working then either. I just disabled the plugin/hook system, it did not fix the issue, the blocks have never worked and i'm trying to fix them as they should.
    forum access is as follows,

username: forum_help
    pass: password
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pumarjr; Mon 18 Apr '11, 2:04am.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

The test username/password you supplied doesn't work.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• pumarjr
      • May 2006
      • 3.5.x

Try again, the user exists.
      forum_help
      password

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

OK, I was able to login this time, but I see no sidebar.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• pumarjr
          • May 2006
          • 3.5.x

another admin disabled it not knowing i was trying to get it fixed, it's enabled again.

Comment

• pumarjr
            • May 2006
            • 3.5.x

on my iphone and mozilla browser, i'm stuck on the mobile version, i can click to get back to the main site, but as soon as I click on any link, i'm redirected back to the mobile version? why, why, why! then this issue with the sidebar/block not showing any data. what's going on? $199 should have bought us more than a license, at least some tech support or something. it will not even let me log out, i click log out and it says cache cleared, I click on login and it takes me back to the index page already logged in.?????
            Last edited by pumarjr; Mon 18 Apr '11, 4:16pm.

Comment

• pumarjr
              • May 2006
              • 3.5.x

ok, I reset the cookie domain and path back to default, i'm able to log out/in now. i am still having the issue with the sidebar/block not displaying the new posts or any posts for that matter. do I need to pay someone to get help? or just go elsewhere?

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Now I cannot log in again using the username/password you supplied. Can you please verify them and make sure it actually works.

If you need instant help, then you need to put in a ticket (you should update the url for your license also). Otherwise, you just have to be patient. I was logged into your site yesterday, but you had taken down the sidebar. Now the login/password isn't working again, so I can't see the problem. You will need to provide a valid username/password that you have tested when you put in a ticket.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...