English Language Pack for vb 4.0.5?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Staxweb
    • Apr 2010

[Forum] English Language Pack for vb 4.0.5?

I've been looking all over and just can't seem to find this. Where can I get the language english pack for vb 4.0.5?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no separate English language pack as such. What are you trying to do exactly?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Staxweb
      • Apr 2010

I'm trying to help someone that is running a spanish site (sadly I don't even know how to install vb as a spanish language site...never looked into languages). I uploaded a 4.1.3 english language file before I realized he was only running 4.0.5 and it seems to have messed up the spanish phrases somehow.

So I'm planning on uninstalling the english pack, running

Code:
      DELETE
      FROM phrase AS p1
      USING phrase AS p1
      LEFT JOIN phrase AS p2 ON ( p1.varname = p2.varname
      AND p2.languageid = -1 )
      WHERE p1.languageid =0
      AND p2.languageid IS NOT NULL;

Then run this:

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager -> [Rebuild All Languages]
      and then installing english, but as I've said, I've never messed with languages before so I'm not 100% sure how to get english uploaded?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

If he has a license, then the best thing would be for him to either post here or fill out a support ticket.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Staxweb
          • Apr 2010

I'm the one doing the work for him, and I have a license...so can't you just tell me how to go about doing it?...

They aren't very tech minded at all, which is why I am taking care of it for them.

Comment

• E0N
            • Aug 2012
            • 4.2.X

I made a mistake and overwrited the English language with another and need English language pack for vB 4.2.0. Anyone knows how to get it ?
            Vote - Invite System vB4
            Vote - Invite System vB5

Comment

• Merjawy
              • Sep 2002

Create a new language from the language manager ( Add New Language )
              To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
              My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
              CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
              Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• E0N
                • Aug 2012
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Merjawy
                Create a new language from the language manager ( Add New Language )
                Thanks a lot. It worked.
                Vote - Invite System vB4
                Vote - Invite System vB5

Comment

• Merjawy
                  • Sep 2002

You're welcome
                  To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
                  My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
                  CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
                  Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...