Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rellect
    • Oct 2008

[CMS] Section not always shows the articles of his categories

It is possible publish an article in many categories.. But there is a problem which I not sure if this should be like this..

This is the situation:
    I have section named "S1" and under this a category named "C1".
    And one more section named "S2" and under this a category named "C2".

Now I publishes an article in section "S1", and chooses to publish it in C1 and C2 too.
    And now is the problem:
    If I enter to section S1's page, I see the article.
    But if I enter to section S2's page, I don't see the article.

It kind of weird because section page have to show all the articles of his categories.
    C2 shows the article, but his section (S2) didn't.

Is it a bug?
    Refael Iliaguyev.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Section pages only show articles from that specific section unless you change the setting "Content From" in the section editor. And possibly change Display Order also.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• rellect
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Lynne
      Section pages only show articles from that specific section unless you change the setting "Content From" in the section editor. And possibly change Display Order also.
      "Content From" option is for display articles from sub-sections, and I talk about display articles from categories.
      Refael Iliaguyev.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Categories belong to sections. So, you can only change it to contain content from other sections.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• rellect
          • Oct 2008

Categories belong to sections.
          That's what I'm talking about!
          The section should display all articles which published in his categories. Right?
          But it not always do that. Please read again my first post to understand the problem.

I will try explain this again concisely:
          I want publish an article in two categories, but these categories do not belong to the same section. The first category is in section named "S1" and the another in section "S2".
          As you know, section should display all the articles which published in his categories.
          When I enters to the page of section S1, It displays the article. But when I enter to section S2's page, I don't see the article.

I think it because the fact that the categories not belong to the same section. But I don't know if this a bug or it should be that way.
          Refael Iliaguyev.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

No, because an article can only belong to one section. However, it may be allowed to show up in other categories, including categories that don't belong in the same section that the article does.

Comment

• rellect
              • Oct 2008

No, because an article can only belong to one section. However, it may be allowed to show up in other categories, including categories that don't belong in the same section that the article does.
              But logically it should display the article in both sections. I will try open an issue, I just have a client who has this "problem".

Thanks Lynne.
              Refael Iliaguyev.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...