X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mopar1973Man
    • Nov 2009
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] MySQL server has gone away

I'm randomly getting this error message. I've already called my provider and they can't seem to duplicate the problem. So is there coding issue that has occured in 4.1.2? Being that 4.1.0 worked fine for months till the update to 4.1.2...

=====================================================

Database error in vBulletin 4.1.2:

Invalid SQL:

INSERT IGNORE INTO subscribethread (userid, threadid, emailupdate, folderid, canview)

VALUES (10730, 3908, 1, 0, 1);

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away

Error Number : 2006

Request Date : Thursday, April 7th 2011 @ 10:42:48 AM

Error Date : Thursday, April 7th 2011 @ 10:43:54 AM

Script : http://forum.mopar1973man.com/newrep...streply&t=3908

Referrer : http://forum.mopar1973man.com/newrep...3392&noquote=1

IP Address : x.x.x.x

Username : (username)

Classname : vB_Database

MySQL Version :

=====================================================
    Mopar1973Man.Com Forum and Article Database Powered By vBulletin 4.2.0 & Joomla 2.5.11 -~- Michael Nelson -> SoonTM to be Invision Power Board Powered
    Posted With Ubuntu Linux 12.04.2
  • Jack.D
    • Dec 2010
    • 4.1.x

contact your host this is not a error with vbulletin your mysql server is not working probally it is most likely down

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

This is a server issue. You'll need to contact your host about this. Here are the reasons for the MySQL server going away:

Hello, Ive been running vBulletin without any incident for about 8 months now. I've recently switched ISP's and when I transferred over to the new server I started getting error emails, always error 2013. I have been switched over for about 1 week now, some days i get 15-20, others I have gotten 150-200. I have asked my ISP

Also from the MySQL site:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Mopar1973Man
        • Nov 2009
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
        This is a server issue. You'll need to contact your host about this. Here are the reasons for the MySQL server going away:

Hello, Ive been running vBulletin without any incident for about 8 months now. I've recently switched ISP's and when I transferred over to the new server I started getting error emails, always error 2013. I have been switched over for about 1 week now, some days i get 15-20, others I have gotten 150-200. I have asked my ISP

Also from the MySQL site:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/gone-away.html
        That's funny the same link (2nd link) was sent to me by my provider and they are saying there server is fine you might want to contact you software (vBulletin) provider for a fix... So who is right? (Scratchin' head)
        Mopar1973Man.Com Forum and Article Database Powered By vBulletin 4.2.0 & Joomla 2.5.11 -~- Michael Nelson -> SoonTM to be Invision Power Board Powered

Comment

• George L
          Former vBulletin Support
          • May 2000
          • 3.8.x

The problem is server related and can happen for many reasons, I updated my post that Trevor linked to with more updated explanation at http://vbtechsupport.com/433/. Each forum would have a different optimal wait_timeout value and can change due to changes in traffic/loads as well. If you have control panel like whm/cpanel and these errors occur at same time each day, also look at the whm/cpanel update cronjob schedule time as it could be set to run at peak traffic times causing the momentarily error message.
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Mopar1973Man
            • Nov 2009
            • 4.2.X

That's the catch I don't have any access to MySQL server or HTML server at all for configuration... So I'll give the provider a call and point the finger back there way... Thanks...

Comment

• bszopi
              • Nov 2009
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by eva2000
              The problem is server related and can happen for many reasons, I updated my post that Trevor linked to with more updated explanation at http://vbtechsupport.com/433/. Each forum would have a different optimal wait_timeout value and can change due to changes in traffic/loads as well. If you have control panel like whm/cpanel and these errors occur at same time each day, also look at the whm/cpanel update cronjob schedule time as it could be set to run at peak traffic times causing the momentarily error message.
              If only I could figure out how to edit the cron jobs! I almost always get a db error at 8am, but have ignored it for so long. I bet there is a cron job running at that time.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...