X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svaghari
    • Sep 2010

[Forum] Changing host problem

Hey guys,

I was trying to change the host from my forum from Godaddy to dreamhost. I did a back up and transferred an updated copy of the database to the dreamhost server. However, when the name servers were changed, the site on the dreamhost server was about 1 month old. Anybody know why? Did i*
    miss something?

Thnx
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Did you verify that you grabbed the latest backup when you moved it from GoDaddy? You may want to go look again and make another backup and transfer that.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• svaghari
      • Sep 2010

I thought that I did, but i will go back and try again. Would that be the only possibility?

Comment

• punchbowl
        • Nov 2006
        • 4.0.x

that's basically the only thing it could be. maybe godaddy do timed backups and you took one of them instead of actually backing up the db yourself and then moving it.

can you still get at the godaddy server? you can backup through mysql or if godaddy have an option somewhere in their control panel.

Comment

• svaghari
          • Sep 2010

I just tried this a couple more times and its still backing-up an older version. I called GoDaddy to see what the problem may be. They said it is probably a 'script' error with vbulletin.

When we updated to 4.0.8 we changed the name of the root folder from 'forum' to 'forums'. Can this have any effect on it?

Thanks again!

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Try renaming this back to 'forum'.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• svaghari
              • Sep 2010

Ya it seems to have the same issue. The database still seems to be outdated. Is there any other to copy the database files n transfer over?

Comment

• svaghari
                • Sep 2010

Or anything else i can do... Im very eager to stop using godaddy.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

What is the exact problem?
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...