X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlokSharma
    • Dec 2010
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Receiving Database error in vBulletin emails

I am regularly receiving such mails but since y'day night, I received more than 900,000 emails with the subject "vBulletin Database Error!"

We are using vBulletin 4.1.0 Patch Level 2 with 5 web servers cluster setup, db server & load balancers.

I tried:
    - disabling the addons
    - disabling the forum blocks
    - enabled memcache

But no good. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Too many connections
    /usr/www/virtual/xyz/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 314

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Friday, April 1st 2011 @ 03:39:38 PM
    Error Date : Friday, April 1st 2011 @ 03:39:38 PM
    Script : http://xyz.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=87009&d=1301671244
    Referrer : http://xyz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=937&page=33
    IP Address : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :
    For some reasons, the identifiable data has been masked.
    Ruchie.com
    Live Web Solutions - Domains, Hosting, Email, SSL Certificates, Marketing Tools, Website Builders & more.
    Live Store Creator - Build your own online stores instantly!
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

"Too many connections".

Your webserver is making more connection requests to mysql than it [mysql] is configured to handle.

900,000 is a huge number - so either mysql is very badly configured, or something else is going on.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• AlokSharma
      • Dec 2010
      • 4.1.x

I will ask the host to look into this. But today morning, I received a different set of emails.

Database error in vBulletin 4.1.0:

Invalid SQL:

INSERT IGNORE INTO session
      (sessionhash, userid, host, idhash, lastactivity, location, styleid, languageid, loggedin, inforum, inthread, incalendar, badlocation, useragent, bypass, profileupdate, apiclientid, apiaccesstoken)
      VALUES
      ('4cdd66bf5c8597df62b7b1e44f6c5242', 89947, '49.138.43.75', 'b4961a6df9a46ade6e7798f0cfc3dacf', 1301733652, '/forum/', 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 2, 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; AskTB5.6)', 0, 0, 0, '');

MySQL Error : The table 'session' is full
      Error Number : 1114
      Request Date : Saturday, April 2nd 2011 @ 04:40:52 AM
      Error Date : Saturday, April 2nd 2011 @ 04:40:52 AM
      Script : http://xyz.com/forum/
      Referrer :
      IP Address : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
      Username : xxxxxxxxxx
      Classname : vB_Database
      MySQL Version :
      Identifiable data has been masked.
      Ruchie.com
      Live Web Solutions - Domains, Hosting, Email, SSL Certificates, Marketing Tools, Website Builders & more.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Run this query:

DELETE FROM session;

Then revert your footer template. You made a change somewhere that stopped the Scheduled Tasks from running and clearing out this table on a regular basis.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• AlokSharma
          • Dec 2010
          • 4.1.x

I executed DELETE FROM session;, however, the footer template has never been edited. The revert button for this template is disabled.
          Ruchie.com

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Check your Scheduled Task Log - are the two Hourly Cleanup tasks running every hour as they should?
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• AlokSharma
              • Dec 2010
              • 4.1.x

I checked and the two Hourly Cleanup tasks that you mentioned shows no entires. Probably this means that they are not running.
              Ruchie.com

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Make sure that you have the following code in your footer template:

Code:
                <div id="footer_morecopyright" class="shade footer_morecopyright">
                    <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
                    {vb:raw cronimage}
                    <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
                    {vb:raw vboptions.copyrighttext}
                </div>
                Then check your Scheduled Task Manager and make sure that at least the Hourly Cleanup task is both enabled and set to run once per hour.
                Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• AlokSharma
                  • Dec 2010
                  • 4.1.x

My sincere apologies. It looks like overshot the scheduled tasks page. Both the hourly task are running. Also the piece of code you mentioned above does exists in the footer. Basically I had done a clean install with no major template editing other than the logo. However, I forgot to mention that this site is a very high traffic site.

Even though I have removed the technical email address in the config file, I am still receiving the emails with the content I mentioned above.

For sure something is going wrong but I am unable to trace it.
                  Ruchie.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    Former Customer Support Manager
                    • Jul 2000

Which emails? Post #1 or #3?

If #1, then this is still a server issue. If #3 and you have followed all instructions, then you have a modification causing this.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment