Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlokSharma
    • Dec 2010
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Unable to login and non www login page redirects with www login page

Hi,

Recently we moved the board on to the new servers. We use a web cluster setup with 5 web servers, MySQl server and load balancers.

The issue is when I try to login to admincp (e.g. some-domain.com/admincp.), I get the message the message:

"Redirecting...

Thank you for logging in, <Member Name>.
    Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you."

I am then redirected to the same login page but with the www. prefix before the domain name, for e.g. www.some-domain.com/admincp/

I checked everywhere in the settings and we don't use a www prefix before the domain name. This is when I was luckily able to login after a few attempts. Before we informed the host, we tried the following:-

- clear the browser cache, cookies, temporary files
    - flush the DNS cache
    - restart the PC

The host tried their best to see if the redirect issue is related to the server and they confirmed that its a script issue.

And this is happening with the other board that we moved on the new servers.

Any clues that what could be wrong?
    Ruchie.com
    Live Web Solutions - Domains, Hosting, Email, SSL Certificates, Marketing Tools, Website Builders & more.
    Live Store Creator - Build your own online stores instantly!
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

The script only uses what's in the settings. Do you have any .htacess files in your forum root or AdminCP directories?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• AlokSharma
      • Dec 2010
      • 4.1.x

I confirmed and we don't have any .htacess files in our forum root or AdminCP directories.
      Ruchie.com
      Live Web Solutions - Domains, Hosting, Email, SSL Certificates, Marketing Tools, Website Builders & more.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

What's the URL?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• AlokSharma
          • Dec 2010
          • 4.1.x

Can I mail or PM the URL?
          Ruchie.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Are you sure you aren't running vBSEO or other add-ons? If so you can fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• AlokSharma
              • Dec 2010
              • 4.1.x

I was able to fix this problem by following the instructions mentioned at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...P-quot-Problem and so far everything is going smooth.
              Ruchie.com

Comment