Recurring subscriptions by Authorize.net?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pirate4x4lance
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 2

[Forum] Recurring subscriptions by Authorize.net?

Why is it that VB doesn't allow recurring subscriptions with Authorize.net? They allow/offer the service, so was curious why it's not an option with VB.

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

At the time this was added, Authorize.net did not support this function. Please feel free to make a 'New Feature' request here:

We take all suggestions into account when determining the feature set for new versions but unfortunately we cannot confirm whether a particular feature will be included in a version.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• HouseAddict
      • Jul 2008
      • 3.6.x

Well, that's great...

Except this isn't really a "new features" as much as a fix/upgrade to an existing feature that should've been taken care of years ago... since Authorize.net started offering recurring billing some 5-6 years ago.

Hear that? 5 years ago!

That's how far behind you are on that one functionality... widespread as far usage goes in the community or not.

And there have been tons of requests for it so far already over on vbulletin.org as well.

Can we submit a support ticket to have this looked at on our individual forums and fixed/brought up to speed?
      Last edited by HouseAddict; Tue 14 Jun '11, 8:35am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Unfortunately this cannot be resolved with a support ticket. This is going to have to being coded into the software and the only way that is gong to happen is by the Developers. There is already a request for this: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-11616

I suggest adding your voice to that request. I will also see if I can get someone to look at this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• HouseAddict
          • Jul 2008
          • 3.6.x

Please do. Or else Authorize.net will have to process another cancellation and I won't be a happy camper having to resort to Paypal for this feature...

Comment

• IB Adrian
            Former Senior Operations Manager
            • Jul 2008
            • 3.6.x

We are looking into it. Thanks for bringing it to Steve's attention.
            Adrian

Comment

• HouseAddict
              • Jul 2008
              • 3.6.x

And I guess nothing will come out of it now... I shall look into an outside developer to put this together instead then.

And yes, I am disappointed by the response...

Comment

• IBxAnders
                • Aug 2001
                • 4.0.x

Originally posted by HouseAddict
                And I guess nothing will come out of it now... I shall look into an outside developer to put this together instead then.

And yes, I am disappointed by the response...
                I understand you are disappointed - but our initial review indicated that this is not something that can be implemented based on Authroize.net requirements for subscription processing.
                anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
                Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
                Please be my friend!
                http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
                vBulletin Performance Articles:
                Click here to read

Comment

• HouseAddict
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 3.6.x

Well, can you at least let us know what those requirements on Authorize.net side are that are preventing you from even considering this?

I mean, a million other software packages have been able to implement their recurring billing API one way or another... what's stopping you? What is the show stopper, so to speak in this case?

Comment

• IB Adrian
                    Former Senior Operations Manager
                    • Jul 2008
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by HouseAddict
                    I mean, a million other software packages have been able to implement their recurring billing API one way or another... what's stopping you? What is the show stopper, so to speak in this case?
                    The issue in this case is that it requires a form to collect all the data on vBulletin's end. Card Owner, CC # etc.

It's not that we won't do it - its just that it isn't as easy as its made out to be.
                    Adrian

Comment

• HouseAddict
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by IB Adrian
                      The issue in this case is that it requires a form to collect all the data on vBulletin's end. Card Owner, CC # etc.

It's not that we won't do it - its just that it isn't as easy as its made out to be.
                      well, what's the issue with it?

as a programmer myself, I can't see what the big fuss is all about...

maybe because it requires SSL certificate in place/https protocol for that, to comply with Authorize.net's rules?

Comment