X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mermaid
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] "moderated" posts seem to be random

I have some users in a moderated group. It seems sometimes their posts get through unmoderated. I thought it might be different forums permissions, but I can't see any difference in the way different forums are set, mostly they are default settings.

Can there be any other explanation?
  • Dody
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.8.x

The moderation rule can't be bypassed. I would guess that you have to adjust your settings. Make sure that the users don't belong to multiple usergroups that has different permissions that override each others.
    while(true){
    if(
    $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
    if(
    $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
    }

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

1. Check the overall Usergroup settings for the relevant usergroups and make sure moderation is turned off:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Follow Forum Moderation Rules -> Yes

2. Check the individual forum settings to make sure moderation is turned off:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Moderate Posts and Moderate Threads -> No

3. Check ALL the usergroup permissions for that forum (Forum Permissions). One of the usergroups they are in has Follow Forum Moderation Rules set to 'No'. This needs to be set to 'Yes'.

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions -> Edit (appropriate forums and usergroups) -> Follow Forum Moderation Rules

4. Make sure the Primary usergroup has 'Allow Users to have Member Groups ' set to 'Yes'. Otherwise secondary permissions are not considered.

5. If you have the Anti-Spam Service setting turned on, it could be automatically moderating some posts:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Spam Management -> Anti-Spam Service

If you have Akismet or Typepad chosen then that is what is moderating these posts.

Otherwise if these permissions are all set correctly and you still have this problem, then it is from a modification
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mermaid
        • Mar 2008
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        1. Check the overall Usergroup settings for the relevant usergroups and make sure moderation is turned off:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Follow Forum Moderation Rules -> Yes
        I don't understand, as I want this group to be moderated, if I tick "yes" here, then they don't get moderated.

3. Check ALL the usergroup permissions for that forum (Forum Permissions)
        Which forum?

One of the usergroups they are in has Follow Forum Moderation Rules set to 'No'. This needs to be set to 'Yes'.
        AgainI don't understand, one of the usergroups who is in?

I'm getting very confused now.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

1. As per the explanation in the Admin CP: If no, posts are always placed into moderation queue

2. Check whichever forum(s) these posts appear in.

3. Check all the usergroups.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mermaid
            • Mar 2008
            • 3.6.x

1. As per the explanation in the Admin CP: If no, posts are always placed into moderation queue
            OK, but you said it should be "yes" in post 3 (confused)

2. Check whichever forum(s) these posts appear in.

3. Check all the usergroups.
            I've done all these checks, everything looks fine. There are no secondary groups, mods have been disabled.

I have done tests and everything is fine. As I said it happens sometimes, ie an inexplicable random issue.

Comment

• taylorpiano
              • Nov 2009
              • 3.8.x

I did the same last month where I set a new forum created that every member who left a comment, it was set to moderated. I used it for a photo contest, so members could say why they voted for a particular image in the poll in a separate forum post.

I merged the posts so they all looked like they came from me before I revealed them.
              I think I checked every single user group I have created to be moderated for that one forum only.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

'Yes' if you do NOT want the posts moderated, 'No' if you do.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Mermaid
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 3.6.x

'Yes' if you do NOT want the posts moderated, 'No' if you do.
                  Yes I know, bay as I said, this should be a moderated group

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

If you want the group moderated, set that to 'No' as per the help text:

"If no, comments are always placed into moderation queue"

If you disable this option then all posts made by members of this group will go into the moderation queue. You will need to validate their posts before they show up on the forums.
                    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Mermaid
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                      If you want the group moderated, set that to 'No' as per the help text:

"If no, comments are always placed into moderation queue"
                      I realise that, which is why I got confused when it was suggested in post 3 (above) that I should set it to "yes" for a moderated group (as mentioned in post 1)

This is getting very confusing now.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Mermaid
                        Yes I know, bay as I said, this should be a moderated group
                        Then set it to 'No'.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...