YouTube video embedded in CMS Content... link showing but not the actual video

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fox Mulder
    • Dec 2009

[CMS] YouTube video embedded in CMS Content... link showing but not the actual video

Sorry if this is something I should know (but I'm trying to set up vbulletin to support my "day job" and generally go months at a time between attempts.)

Anyway, on this attempt I have upgraded to the latest version (4.1.2) before looking at adding to and improving the content in my CMS.

I noticed that "embedded" YouTube video shows up as a link only, not as an actual video in one of me articles

If I remember correctly, the actual video should be available, not just a link. It was inserted into the article using the "Insert Video" button in the editor

Anyone with ideas on this?

(I've already tried clearing the cache but it didn't help)

TIA

Spooky M
  • nakedanvil
    • Mar 2010

Edit the article and click the Click image for larger version

Name:	switchmode.png
Views:	7
Size:	435 Bytes
ID:	3681644 icon so you can see the BB code. Is the URL wrapped with video or URL code? Be sure to use the Click image for larger version

Name:	video.png
Views:	5
Size:	656 Bytes
ID:	3681645tool, don't just drop the video URL on the page.

Comment

• Fox Mulder
      • Dec 2009

Thanks but I did use the Insert Video tool. The URL is between [video=youtube;3nwwKbM_vJc] and a closing [video] tag (one with a "/" in it)... and yes, it works fine if I insert the same code without disabling the closing tag in this post.
      Last edited by Fox Mulder; Fri 11 Mar '11, 6:26pm.

Comment