Registration Questions with Specific Answers Required ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tChristine
    • Apr 2010

[Forum] Registration Questions with Specific Answers Required ?

Hi,

For User Registration:

I want to add some questions which require specific answers - on the Registration page (kind of like the default question: "what planet do you live on?")

If they answer wrong, I don't want the Registration to process, until they get it right.

I know I can add questions that will appear on the Registration page via:

Admin CP -> User Profile Fields -> Add New User Profile

But I don't want the Member to view the Q&A later, on their Profile (b/c I know the particular member can see it, even if I set it to private)

Plus, most importantly, I don't see a way of setting a value / specific answer in the Add New User Profile area.

Thanks
    FF w/ Web Dev / Firebug / DW
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

This is going to require modifying the code and so you should be asking about it over on vbulletin.org, the modification site. (Could probably just write a plugin to not show the field on any page.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• tChristine
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Lynne
      This is going to require modifying the code and so you should be asking about it over on vbulletin.org, the modification site. (Could probably just write a plugin to not show the field on any page.)
      I'm confused =/

It says on this page: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...istration-Bots

6. Add a new required question to registration.
      Although there is a Q&A option in the Human Verification Manager, at this time these is no way to use this in conjunction with Image Verification or reCaptcha. However there is a workaround for this. You can create a required profile field to add Q&A to the registration process. To do so, follow these instructions: Add an extra question to the registration to prevent bot registrations.
      And....

How to add an extra registration question to frustrate human-assisted bot registration?

AdminCP -> User Profile Fields -> Add New User Profile Field

Profile Field Type: Single-Line Text Field
      <<Continue>>

Use the following information when creating the Profile Field:
      Title: Can you spell?
      (Note: Adjust the title to the question you want to ask)
      Description: Enter the first character of the word "Monkey"
      (Note: Adjust the question. Don't use this example as it would be quickly picked up by bot registrations)
      Default Value: B
      (Note: anything but a valid answer)
      Field Required: Yes, at registration and profile updating
      Field Editable by User: Only at registration
      Private Field: Yes
      Field Searchable on Members List: No
      Show on Members List: No
      Regular Expression: ^[mM]$
      I just don't see all the options to do that ^. Those are Questions with specific answers.

Thanks

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

I thought you were wanting to add a Q&A via a profile field. If you want to do it via the Human Verification Manager, then you may. Just go to Settings > Human Verification Manager and select Question & Answer Verification instead of whatever you have now. You cannot use Q&A with Image Verification/ReCaptcha.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• tChristine
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Lynne
          Just go to Settings > Human Verification Manager and select Question & Answer Verification instead of whatever you have now. You cannot use Q&A with Image Verification/ReCaptcha.
          Thanks Lynne

Comment

• goran69
            • Mar 2005
            • 4.2.X

Hello

And if I would like to ask how many letters...what is the Regular Expression for numbers .... this would be for two letters ^[mM]$

Comment

• tChristine
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by goran69
              Hello

And if I would like to ask how many letters...what is the Regular Expression for numbers .... this would be for two letters ^[mM]$
              Go to:

Settings > Human Verification Manager > select Question & Answer Verification

Then Click:

Add New Question > Regular Expression

Where it says "Regular Expression - You may require the input field to match a regular expression (PCRE)" .. just type the actual number.

Example: 33

Also, you can add more than 1 correct answer. So, that they can answer via number *or* text.

Example: thirty three

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...