• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loony BoB
    • Sep 2003
    • 4.2.X

[CMS] Widget with both sections and articles

Hello,

Short query is as follows: Is there a way of having a widget that works just like the Section Widget, except also displaying each section's child articles and static pages? Do I have to custom code this in a PHP widget?

The reason, if you're interested, that I want to set it up like this is that I want to use the CMS as a resource or library of sorts. I want to have a group of non-admin users who can add to this library, and I want their articles to automatically show up in navigation. You might argue that I should create sections to be displayed in the navigation widget, and then create the article within this section with settings to make the section act like the article itself. However, I don't want to grant these users access to the admin panel, and I don't want them to have to ask an admin every time they want to add a section. Not to mention having to go through the admin panel for content management seems like a roundabout way.

Advice?
    Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - An Online Community of Final Fantasy Fans
    Eyes on Final Fantasy (Site) - The Most In-Depth Final Fantasy Site Online
  • Dody
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.8.x

You have to make your own PHP widget to do that.
    while(true){
    if(
    $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
    if(
    $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
    }

Comment

• Loony BoB
      • Sep 2003
      • 4.2.X

Fair enough! Where is the $nodes array, which the section widget uses, defined? I'm hoping to at least be able to reuse part of that code if possible.

Edit: Found it.
      Last edited by Loony BoB; Thu 10 Mar '11, 4:34am.
      Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - An Online Community of Final Fantasy Fans
      Eyes on Final Fantasy (Site) - The Most In-Depth Final Fantasy Site Online

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...