Images in Articles and Transparent Boxes in the Admin?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Illuvatar
    • May 2002

[CMS] Images in Articles and Transparent Boxes in the Admin?

Running 4.1.2 Suite and have two issues that I need help with.
    1. Inside of the published articles the images are showing as links only. Image displays just fine in the preview but not in the article itself. Where is the switch to enable image display in the articles please?"
    2. The "Configure" link in the Widget controls area pops up box to configure the widgets with...the problem is that the background for the box is transparent. I noticed that quite a few of the "Block" Stylevars are set to transparent and have not messed with them so this would have been an "out of the box" setting so would be a bug to me, but anybody know which stylevar controls this so I can fix? (see attached image)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	admin capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	3720040

Thanks as always....
    All who wander are not lost.
    - JRR Tolkien -
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

1. What browser are you using when you create the articles? How are you addign the images to them?

2. Check your #vb_overlay_background class in the overlay.css template. Is the background set to #000000?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Illuvatar
      • May 2002

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for getting back to me....

For #1. I suppose I should have mentioned that this behavior is with the default CMS content that I loaded during the upgrade. My thought was to make sure that everything was working as it should before I actually start adding articles myself. I'll go add an article and see what happens and I use IE8.

For #2. Yes sir it is....and here's a copy
      #vb_overlay_background {
      opacity:0.85;
      -moz-opacity:0.85;
      filter:alpha(opacity=85);
      background-color:#000000;
      z-index:10;
      position:fixed;
      top:0px;
      {vb:stylevar left}:0px;
      width:100%;
      height:100%;
      }
      And the template is unchanged.
      - JRR Tolkien -

Comment

• Illuvatar
        • May 2002

Okay.....an update to #1....

It appears that the articles loaded with the default CMS have this " [ATTCH=CONFIG]13[/ATTCH]
        " ( I mispelled attach so this would display) at the beginning of them which apparently makes them show up in the preview but then just as attachment links in the articles themselves.

I tried three ways to add an image. First...as an attachment and it was just an attachement as would be expected. Then I added as "Inline" and that just stuck the link at the beginning of the article....not sure what that's for just yet. And then lastly, I used the "Insert Image" button in the WYSIWYG and the image appeared both in the preview and in the article so that will work.

Still stumped on #2 though....thanks....
        - JRR Tolkien -

Comment