What's the difference between Modern Mobile Browsers and Old Mobile Browsers? (4.1.2)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeremy8
    • Oct 2009

[Forum] What's the difference between Modern Mobile Browsers and Old Mobile Browsers? (4.1.2)

I don't know what the difference is. And is the theme that came with 4.1.2 for the modern or old mobile browsers?
  • Jeremy8
    • Oct 2009

bump

Comment

• Andy
      • Jan 2002
      • 4.1.x

Are you referring to a smart phone like the iPhone. I would consider that a modern mobile phone.

Comment

• Jeremy8
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Andy
        Are you referring to a smart phone like the iPhone. I would consider that a modern mobile phone.
        I'm not referring to anything. The vB employees are the ones talking about "old" and "modern" mobile browsers, since they put that in the admin control panel. But it doesn't say what exactly the difference is...

Comment

• Andy
          • Jan 2002
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Jeremy8
          I'm not referring to anything. The vB employees are the ones talking about "old" and "modern" mobile browsers, since they put that in the admin control panel. But it doesn't say what exactly the difference is...
          Oh now I see what you're referring to:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Default Style for Modern Mobile Browsers

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Default Style for Old Mobile Browsers

Looking at the source code (utilities.js), it looks like they are using a YUI and that determines which product is considered old and new.

Comment

• dwkmi
            • Aug 2009
            • 3.8.x

I believe it's

webkit based browser = Modern
            non-webkit based = Old

But I could be wrong.

Comment