mobile style doesnt work for me strange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sushubh
    • Apr 2007

did you check an inside page? those seems to load fine on my forum using the mobile theme.

Comment

• encryption
      • May 2005

I can't view any page without disabling those two CSS properties, and even then it uses default vb colors instead of my parent stylevars
      www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
      www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

• shiaforums
        • Aug 2010
        • 4.0.x

i check but all blnk..

Comment

• Sushubh
          • Apr 2007

right. on my android phone, internal links shows an error popup and ends up with a blank page. what a disappointment.

Comment

• Dirt Bike Addict
            • May 2010
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by zelnik
            If you bothered to read previous posts from me on the thread then you would already know but to recap.

It allows non mobile device using members of sites to select it and use it and for sites which depend on adsence/advertising will (and are already on my site) be affected as users will notice the mobile style works on normal browsers and has no advertising so they use that style instead of the default one.
            Originally posted by Sushubh
            that is of course a major concern as the mobile theme is good enough to be used on a desktop web browser. less clutter. access to complete content.
            I guess everyone has their own opinion as I can't see people using the mobile style on a PC, even if it means no ads. For one you have a text only editor and second there's a lot of stuff that we take for granted missing in the mobile style, one being the What's New.

Comment

• Sushubh
              • Apr 2007

i still have not much idea about the mobile theme as it does not work on my forum.

Comment

• worried
                • Dec 2008
                • 4.2.X

Well, a member using a Palm got the blank screen mentioned here. I changed both mobile settings to "none" then my Droid gets a blank page if I tried to go into my profile settings.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

Links?
                  Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Sushubh
                    • Apr 2007

my links are posted here.

Comment

• zelnik
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Dirt Bike Addict
                      I guess everyone has their own opinion as I can't see people using the mobile style on a PC, even if it means no ads. For one you have a text only editor and second there's a lot of stuff that we take for granted missing in the mobile style, one being the What's New.
                      I suppose it depends on the user demographic that ones site gets. Mine seem to be middle aged onwards so they have no interest in anything but the content and being able to read and reply to it simply and for that the mobile skin is perfect.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 5.7.X

What CSS calls are in your mobile style headinclude template? I see links in your source code to CSS templates that I don't have in mine...
                        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• zelnik
                          • Aug 2008
                          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                          What CSS calls are in your mobile style headinclude template? I see links in your source code to CSS templates that I don't have in mine...
                          Trevor while you're at it can you please check and confirm if your install has lots of red (edited) templates for the mobile style as 'default' ? It seems that way for quite a few people.

Comment

• shiaforums
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 4.0.x

Links?
                            Get the premium .com domain you deserve. Seamless and professional transactions. Payment plans available.

Comment

• Sushubh
                              • Apr 2007

notepad.cc is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, notepad.cc has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

HTML Code:
                              <link rel="stylesheet" href="clientscript/jquery/jquery.mobile-1.0a2.min.css?v={vb:raw vboptions.simpleversion}" />

<vb:if condition="$vboptions['storecssasfile']">
                              	{vb:cssfile main-rollup.css}
                                      {vb:raw template_hook.custom_css_links}
                              <vb:else />
                              	{vb:cssfile bbcode.css,editor.css,popupmenu.css,reset-fonts.css,vbulletin.css,vbulletin-chrome.css,vbulletin-formcontrols.css{vb:raw template_hook.custom_css_list}}
                              </vb:if>

{vb:raw template_hook.headinclude_css}
                              i see this in the headinclude template in my mobile theme that i imported. absolutely no manual change to it. and it is a separate parent theme.

Comment

• zelnik
                                • Aug 2008
                                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Sushubh
                                i see this in the headinclude template in my mobile theme that i imported. absolutely no manual change to it. and it is a separate parent theme.
                                What this template name in red, indicating it has been edited?! as mine is and like yourself I've not touched a thing!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...