Disabling vCard Downloads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Disabling vCard Downloads

Is it possible to disable within the control panel the option to download users vCards for an entire usergroup, or for the entire forum for that matter? I have searched all over the control panel but thus far cannot find anything in regards to this.

TY

Turn it off in AdminCP > Settings > Options > User Registration Options > Default Options > uncheck Allow vCard Download That will make it so it is off for all newly registered users.

To turn it off for everyone - Maintenance > Execute SQL Query (make sure your userid is entered in the config.php file to allow queries) > set No - Allow vCard Download in the dropdown > Continue

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Turning it off for new registered members does not solve the security issue.
      Is there a way to permanently disable vCard so that it can not be used on the forums?

Comment

Originally posted by attroll View Post
        Turning it off for new registered members does not solve the security issue.
        Is there a way to permanently disable vCard so that it can not be used on the forums?
        What security issue?
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.4 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

What security issue?
          If you download the vCard it gives out the users email address.

Comment

If you download the vCard it gives out the users email address.
            Thatís what it is designed to do. Itís not a security issue. If anything itís a privacy issue, but it is made clear in the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

Thatís what it is designed to do. Itís not a security issue. If anything itís a privacy issue, but it is made clear in the settings.
              Your right, it's not a security issue but it is a privacy issue.
              We should have a way to turn it off in the admincp or at least set the user groups that have access to it. I read where quite a few vb users have asked for a way to turn this off. It would be nice to have this option. It had recently become a privacy on one of my vb sitess

Comment

Your right, it's not a security issue but it is a privacy issue.
                We should have a way to turn it off in the admincp or at least set the user groups that have access to it. I read where quite a few vb users have asked for a way to turn this off. It would be nice to have this option. It had recently become a privacy on one of my vb sitess
                This would require custom coding.
                No further development work will be done on vB4 now. From a development perspective it is now end of life.

Comment

Running the query listed in post #2 will turn it off for all users. Users can also turn this functionality off and on within their own user settings. Settings -> General Settings. There is no privacy issue.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_1.png Views:	1 Size:	59.9 KB ID:	4385692

To permanently disable the feature, edit the template and remove the HTML code.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment