X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZoDesigns.com
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.5.x

[CMS] Promote to Article Setting?

Certain usergroups cannot see this option. Where is it located? I have checked Usergroups and don't see it.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

If a usergroup has permission to publish in the CMS, they should be able to see the promote to article button.

Comment

• ZoDesigns.com
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.5.x

Confusing... I want them to be able to PROMOTE but NOT PUBLISH (go live). We need to review their news before it get "Published". What is "Create Content" setting do? I assumed they can create the content, but it would not be published by checking "Create Content" and unselecting "Can Publish".

Comment

• Edwin Brown
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2009
        • 5.5.x

Actually, that should be CMS "create" permission.
        Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• ZoDesigns.com
          • Nov 2005
          • 3.5.x

You lost me?

Comment

• nakedanvil
            • Mar 2010

Allow them to "create content" but not to "publish".

Comment

• ZoDesigns.com
              • Nov 2005
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by nakedanvil
              Allow them to "create content" but not to "publish".
              That's what I had and the Promote to Article button was not displaying.

Comment

• ZoDesigns.com
                • Nov 2005
                • 3.5.x

I have it set now with "Create Content" NOT checked and "Can Publish" IS checked. Users can now see the "Promote as Article" button but get this error when they try to use it, "An unknown error has occured with your submission. Please try again. If this error continues to occur, please notify the administrator."

So, again I ask... how to allow the users to promote a news article but not have it published until someone can review it?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ZoDesigns.com
                    • Nov 2005
                    • 3.5.x

Makes absolutely no sense... did anyone from vb actually consult sites that manage content? Let's just allow all the users to publish news on their home page without any reviews. Another genius vb move.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

Have you tried setting 'Can Publish' to No?
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ZoDesigns.com
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 3.5.x

Yes. I get this: An unknown error has occured with your submission. Please try again. If this error continues to occur, please notify the administrator

Apparently it is a bug: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8834

I apologize for being so brash.
                        Last edited by ZoDesigns.com; Wed 9 Feb '11, 2:52pm.

Comment

• nakedanvil
                          • Mar 2010

While it might be nice to have the option, I can understand someone deciding that promoting would be an Admin function or only for chosen usergroups. I certainly don't want all of my users being able promote threads willy-nilly. Nor would I want to be moderating everything everyone wanted to promote.

It does seem like "can create content" = yes and "can publish" = no, that it should mean it goes into moderation.

Comment

• ZoDesigns.com
                            • Nov 2005
                            • 3.5.x

Yes, and I already have a usergroup set up for "Editors" and would recommend that as well.

Comment

• ash50210
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by nakedanvil
                              While it might be nice to have the option, I can understand someone deciding that promoting would be an Admin function or only for chosen usergroups. I certainly don't want all of my users being able promote threads willy-nilly. Nor would I want to be moderating everything everyone wanted to promote.

It does seem like "can create content" = yes and "can publish" = no, that it should mean it goes into moderation.
                              im doing this also. but how the moderators or who ever have the access to publish being notify that there were new article that need to vet thru and publish?
                              thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...