X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Nauti Rogue
      • Jan 2011
      • 4.2.X

Uhhh... If I do this, will all of my forum configurations be deleted? Will all of the stuff that I have configured through the AdminCP be set back to forum defaults, or are these settings retained in the DB? If I do this, do I have to reconnect the forum to the DB?

I guess I just wonder what will be overwritten if I follow these instructions. I have made no unusual changes to the forum. I have full access to the Web server as it is my own that I host out of my basement, so there should be no weird issues with it. If I buy tech support time, will you troubleshoot what I have as-is, instead of recommending that I blow everything away and start from scratch?
      http://www.lmbp.us/n.bmp

Maximum martinis,minimum bikinis!

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

No, this will not change any of your settings.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Nauti Rogue
          • Jan 2011
          • 4.2.X

What are the "non-image" files? Do you mean that I should upload everything in the upload directory except for the images directory and install.php from the install folder? Should I rename config.php.new to config.php and overwrite?
          http://www.lmbp.us/n.bmp

Maximum martinis,minimum bikinis!

Comment

• RedFoxy
            • Sep 2007

I've same trouble with my forum, using Chrome for Mac and for Windows (and maybe with opera too but I don't remember), I log on, it say that I'm logged in and when it reload I'm not logged but if I change page I'm logged on...

I remvoed all cookies and cache but nothing, and that bug it's like random

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Nauti Rogue
              What are the "non-image" files? Do you mean that I should upload everything in the upload directory except for the images directory and install.php from the install folder? Should I rename config.php.new to config.php and overwrite?
              All files that aren't images - .gif., .png, .jpg

Originally posted by RedFoxy
              I've same trouble with my forum, using Chrome for Mac and for Windows (and maybe with opera too but I don't remember), I log on, it say that I'm logged in and when it reload I'm not logged but if I change page I'm logged on...

I remvoed all cookies and cache but nothing, and that bug it's like random
              Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• TheXtreme1
                • Aug 2010

Still having the problem. Any ideas? I completely reinstalled vbulletin and it still wont work.

Comment

• TheXtreme1
                  • Aug 2010

Any ideas at all? I completely reinstalled it, made a new mySQL database and everything and it still wont work.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

If you did all that then this has to be a server issue. What is the URL?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• TheXtreme1
                      • Aug 2010

I just figured it out. It only has this issue when you do not include the www.

Comment

• TheXtreme1
                        • Aug 2010

Is there anyway to make it so it will always go to the www.?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

As far as cookies are concerned www.mysite.com and mysite.com are two separate domains. I recommend sticking to one or the other.

You can also try setting the cookies domain in the Admin CP to:

.mysite.com

Note the leading period.

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Option -> Cookie Domain

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• TheXtreme1
                            • Aug 2010

Now I cant log into admin cp =/

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

Did you try with and without the 'www'? What happens when you try?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• TheXtreme1
                                • Aug 2010

I tried with both and when I hit log in it just reloads the log in page for the admin cp.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...