X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirhaden
    • Jan 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Forum Registration / Email Problems

The forum settings are configured to send an email notification about new members. This email is not being sent. Does this require any special settings other than configuration in the User Registration Options? Is use of an SMTP server required?

Also, new users are not being sent a welcome email nor a verification email, so same questions apply to this issue...
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Are all other emails being sent OK (notification of PM, reply to subscribed thread etc)?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• sirhaden
      • Jan 2011
      • 4.1.x

It appears that no emails are being sent out.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

vB uses the server for it's email. Assuming you have not disabled emails in the Admin CP or in config.php, then if there are problems the issue is either with the server itself or on the receiving end.

Please see this page for help troubleshooting email problems:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• sirhaden
          • Jan 2011
          • 4.1.x

I was getting test emails after setting up a new email account using my domain name. New users were then receiving verification emails, but after a long wait. I am not receiving any emails for posts made in subscribed theads. The emails are being marked in hotmail as being suspicious and when a user tries to click on the verification link in a verification email, an error 500 occurs.

As such, and to hopefully speed up the email process and eliminate remaining issues I'm in the process of setting up an SMTP relay server to use with the account so I can enable SMTP support for the forums. I'll update further after the SMTP relay server has been setup, configured and tested.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...