Yeah baby, got an database error!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robin444
    • Nov 2009

[Forum] Yeah baby, got an database error!!!!!

Very nice isn`t it?? I have got an database error!

1. Iam really a noob with this software and databases.
    2. Had installed vbulletin 4.0.7 before and want to upgrade it with 4.1.1 software..
    3. Did red the included manual inside the 4.1.1 software directory..

4. Had to made an backup from my phymyadmin..
    5. Have the backup on my computer (hope the backup is in good state)
    6. When the backup its finished i get out of phpmyadmin..
    7. Did check if my forum is still working, but getting database error now.
    8. The orginal database is still on phpmyadmin..

I want to know how to getting my forum running again... iam not familiar with it..

I did checked this boxes;

In the second area, called SQL Options, make sure you have the following boxes checked:

Structure
    Add 'drop table'
    Add AUTO_INCREMENT value
    Enclose table and field names with backquotes
    Data

I dunno, but maybe i have dropped tables why its now having an database error..

What means `drop table` - that now my currently used tables on the database server are empty now and has saved it in the backup file?
    So i only have to restore my backup?

Do i need to deleted the `dropped tables` first before to restore the backup? Or will the backup restore the dropped tables??
    Last edited by Robin444; Fri 21 Jan '11, 5:28pm.
  • Robin444
    • Nov 2009

53 looking people, and nobody can help me? what a support... paid 135 euros for this crap?!?!?

Comment

• ENF
      • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Robin444
      53 looking people, and nobody can help me? what a support... paid 135 euros for this crap?!?!?
      The forum is not a priority support path. If you want direct support, go here: https://members.vbulletin.com/member...ontactform.php

To answer you question, if the missing tables are in the backup, they will be restored. If the missing tables are not contained in the backup, then they won't be brought back.

If you are not sure about what you are doing, you really should use the link above to get a vBulletin staff member to directly assist you.

The regular customers like myself, try to help where we can... but the 53 views were likely not vB Staff. (We're certainly not paid to answer these....)
      To be updated...

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

What is your database error?

Comment

• Robin444
          • Nov 2009

Where can i find the error logs? I don`t know where can find those..

Comment

• Robin444
            • Nov 2009

Thank you i fixed it myself.

The problem was (i didn`t knowing)

I didn`t knowing my pass for my database anymore. (for phpmyadmin) So i can`t getting in. So i had changed that, but not knowing that that database password was link on my config.php file.
            Thats why vbulletin can`t getting in the database and gave me this error..

I only want to know where i can find the error logs.. Maybe it will be handy in the near future.

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Every database error gets emailed to you, if the tech email is set in the config. Otherwise when a database error occurs you can view the real error by right clicking and viewing the source of the webpage. Without the real error it is impossible to troubleshoot.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...