X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Innovati0n
    • Oct 2010
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Blocking Spambots?

Over the past two weeks I had seen an influx of spambots registering accounts on my vBulletin 4.1.1 forum. The registered accounts sat dormant so I began deleting them and banning the IP addresses. Then two days ago I logged onto my forum to find that it had been crushed with spam from one of the spambots. I've been forced to suspend registration until I can find a way to block them. I'm using reCAPTCHA to attempt to filter them out in the registration form, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Any ideas on how to block them?
  • ENF
    • Apr 2002

Setup Question & Answer and/or install this from vBulletin.org.

reCAPTCHA was severely broken last week and lots of sites were getting flooded with spammers.
    To be updated...

Comment

• gamebalance
      • Jan 2010

I ve been flooded. Is it a problem for all vbulletin forums this days and is it be fixed? I not know how reCaptcha works.

Comment

• ENF
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by gamebalance
        I ve been flooded. Is it a problem for all vbulletin forums this days and is it be fixed? I not know how reCaptcha works.
        It's a problem for any site using reCAPTCHA as a filter tool, not just vBulletin.
        To be updated...

Comment

• cheesie
          • Nov 2006
          • 3.6.x

I installed this at my forum and it helped a lot!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...