CMS - Different Grid on section and article pages?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SvetSatova
    • Feb 2009

[CMS] CMS - Different Grid on section and article pages?

I have a home page with article abstracts showing, and there is also a side column with a widgets.

When visitors click on an article title or the Read More link, and see the full article, the article is shown with the home page section grid, i.e. the same side column and widget.

Is there a way to show different grids; one on the section page with the side column and widget, one on the article page without side column and widget?

Thanks!
    My baby ...: www.SvetSatova.com :...
  • reefland
    • Sep 2000

Yes. You have to have two sections created, each with different layouts assigned to them. The second section has to be a sub section of the first. Set the first to show content from the subsection in the section layout. When adding articles, add them to the subsection. This will show the article preview in the main section with one layout and when you click the article, it will show the article in the sub section with a different layout.
    sigpic
    Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

• SvetSatova
      • Feb 2009

Thanks reefland, it sounds logical, I will try this and let you know if it works.

Regards,
      Vlada

Comment

• SvetSatova
        • Feb 2009

It works!
        Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
        Vlada

Comment

• linuxwhy
          • Mar 2009

That`s it

Comment

• zero477
            • Jan 2012

This solution helps ... but it makes the Section Widget work incorrectly ... with useless subsections ... does someone knows how to fix this better?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...