X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamunkala
    • Dec 2010
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Google is not indexing my forum as no googlebot crawled my site yet

i made my site about 10 days ago, posted about 150 threads with enough text, posted links on my other sites, traffic is coming from those sites as well, twitter shows my site's tweets and the url on google but google hasn't indexed any page of my site or index page for that matter.

I have chosen to show crawlers in who's online and have google analytics code on my forum, still...

Please help

Thankyou
    Search Engine Optimization Blog
  • stifler's mom
    Banned
    • Oct 2010

Thats way too long, go to google webmaster tools and see if their is any problems
    also check that your robots.txt isn't blocking google

Comment

• ENF
      • Apr 2002

Additionally with a Google Webmaster Account, make sure you've submitted a sitemap.
      To be updated...

Comment

• Private_Ale
        • Nov 2007
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by jamunkala
        i made my site about 10 days ago
        A whole 10 days? PEBKAC

Give it a month, at least. Also, make sure your robots.txt is valid, googlebots love it.

Comment

• jamunkala
          • Dec 2010
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Private_Ale
          A whole 10 days? PEBKAC

Give it a month, at least. Also, make sure your robots.txt is valid, googlebots love it.
          I have done it in 6hours for some of my sites which includes getting alexa rank for them as well under 5million in 6 hours but when i spent money strangely the site isnt getting registered in google.

Hello Asylum119 how to check if robots.txt is blocking google or not? I will use webmasters tools.

Thankyou

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

It takes time, plus you need to have content. Don't freak out over not having google bot today, in a month or two, if youre still not seeing them. Then you should do more research.

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Also it's worth getting the free vBSEO Google Sitemap from vBulletin.org 9Not the full vBSEO program, that's different and costs money).

This submits sitemaps to Google. Bing, Yahoo and ASK. Works very well and may help get your site indexed faster.

That said, as has been pointed out, don't panic. It takes time.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• stifler's mom
                Banned
                • Oct 2010

If you have not added or messed around with robots.txt then I wouldn't worry about this just yet, but definitely add it at some point if you don't have one.
                Definitely sign up to webmaster tools as it should prove to be handy.

Twitter a link to one of your threads, Then go check the who is online. (if you don't get a surge in hits then some thing is wrong)
                Last edited by stifler's mom; Sat 8 Jan '11, 5:08am.

Comment

• jamunkala
                  • Dec 2010
                  • 4.1.x

I am using webmasters tools with sitemap, xmlsitemap.php

and there was a missing code in my .htaccess and which was a missing # at least this is what the support at hosting said, as earlier i was recieving 500 error at robots.txt file.

I only came to know about this error after i tried to do some seo for vbulletin after reading from google.

And as far as xmlsitemap of vbseo is concerned if vbulletin has nothing free on its site then who are vbseo. I installed it(plugin) earlier but when i saw that whenever i will enter admin panel the first thing i will see will be vbseo and the fact that i haven't spend 150$ for it, will always keep me busy with finding the catch.

Comment

• stifler's mom
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2010

The 500 error will just be because you didn't have a robots.txt
                    I have never used vbseo but I am sure that their will be a catch hidden somewhere, Anyway sounds like you have things under control.

Comment

• Ace
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by jamunkala
                      And as far as xmlsitemap of vbseo is concerned if vbulletin has nothing free on its site then who are vbseo. I installed it(plugin) earlier but when i saw that whenever i will enter admin panel the first thing i will see will be vbseo and the fact that i haven't spend 150$ for it, will always keep me busy with finding the catch.
                      What does this mean? Installing the vBSEO Sitemap Generator shouldn't do anything like that to your AdminCP. It adds a link to the side, sure, but no nag screen telling you to pay money.
                      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• jenniferd
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 4.1.x

Sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm confused. I thought VB4 produced it's own sitemap and that didn't need to be submitted because Google crawled it.

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jenniferd
                          Sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm confused. I thought VB4 produced it's own sitemap and that didn't need to be submitted because Google crawled it.
                          It does, and it can, and you can also submit your own. Some people prefer the addon, it may have more features than what we offer.

Comment

• jamunkala
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 4.1.x

So finally, I have one page on google and which is a link to a member's profile, who I think never logged in. But anyways I feel a little relaxed that at least there is one page and so there will be more in future. Otherwise I had thoughts like maybe the domain I purchased was earlier banned from google, or not? I even googled and found a site saying this domain has PR0 and it may be banned from google or the domain is new.

Well Finally I have made it, and I will work more to get more links from google.

Good Luck to you all (:

Please visit my site someday from google

Thankyou

Comment

• stifler's mom
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2010

Thats good news

You never did tell us what your domain name was so that we could take a look

Comment