Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pctechb
    • Apr 2010

[Forum] Posts suddenly going into Moderation

I have several categories that pull in RSS content from my other sites. It had been working fine, but suddenly all of these are suddenly going into Moderation queue. I have them set to "No" in the form setup for moderation, and they are coming in under my admin user account, which is not moderated.

I can't figure out why this is happening and would appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this mystery. Thanks!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Here are all the ways a post can be put into moderation.

1. Check the overall Usergroup settings for the relevant usergroups and make sure moderation is turned off:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Follow Forum Moderation Rules -> Yes

2. Check the individual forum settings to make sure moderation is turned off:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Moderate Posts and Moderate Threads -> No

3. Check ALL the usergroup permissions for that forum (Forum Permissions). One of the usergroups they are in has Follow Forum Moderation Rules set to 'No'. This needs to be set to 'Yes'.

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions -> Edit (appropriate forums and usergroups) -> Follow Forum Moderation Rules

4. Make sure the Primary usergroup has 'Allow Users to have Member Groups ' set to 'Yes'. Otherwise secondary permissions are not considered.

5. If you have the Anti-Spam Service setting turned on, it could be automatically moderating some posts:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Spam Management -> Anti-Spam Service

If you have Akismet or Typepad chosen then that is what is moderating these posts.

Otherwise if these permissions are all set correctly and you still have this problem, then it is from a modification you made.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• pctechb
      • Apr 2010

I turned off Askimet....let's see what happens. Everything else was set correctly.

Comment

• vangel
        • Feb 2009
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Here are all the ways a post can be put into moderation.

Otherwise if these permissions are all set correctly and you still have this problem, then it is from a modification you made.
        Hello,

I have a similar problem with some members. Some of their posts suddenly go to moderation and the same happens when write at some member's profile.

Do I have to follow the same steps?

Thanks!

Comment

• pctechb
          • Apr 2010

Nah, still happening. I didn't make any changes.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Then the only other possible cause of this is a modification.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...