X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dimitrios
    • Oct 2008
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] link includes twice the forum directory

I was just checking one thing and the other and I found out that the link given here:

If you would like to cancel the registration, click <a href="{1}.php{2}">here</a>
    to return to the forums index.</p>

doesn’t work properly because it directs to www.mydomain.com/forum/forum

it includes twice the forum directory!

Does anybody know how I can solve this?

thanks,
    Dimitris
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You need to set the correct forum URL here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dimitrios
      • Oct 2008
      • 4.1.x

i had checked that, already and it seems to be set correctly: http://www.mydomain.com/forum

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Can you provide the real URL?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dimitrios
          • Oct 2008
          • 4.1.x

but of course: http://www.λέσχη.gr/forum/

the problem can be seen here: http://www.xn--ixauk7au.gr/forum/register.php?
          ( copy/paste and search for the text: "κάνε κλικ εδώ" )

btw why does my chrome show my url in punycode?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

I suspect this is a language pack issue. When I change to the English language your site is broken.

Please explain exactly all the modifications you have done.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• dimitrios
              • Oct 2008
              • 4.1.x

I do use my greek language pack.

What do you mean exactly with "modifications" ? Installed mods or modifications to the language pack? (and then like what? )

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Yes, all of that. This is cause by a modification somewhere.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• dimitrios
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 4.1.x

I've got a shoutbox integreated and also a spoiler tag which i have edited in order to translate it.

As for the language pack I'm constantly editing it via the Admin-cp (way back i've done some direct editing to the xml file).

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
                    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• dimitrios
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                      Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':
                      btw. how bad is "File not recognized as part of vBulletin" ?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

That is not an issue.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• dimitrios
                          • Oct 2008
                          • 4.1.x

Running the diagnostics i get some "File not recognized as part of vBulletin", like i said, but no "File does not contain expected contents".

I've disabled the mods using the config edit you've suggested. Then I created a new style (no parent style) and made it the standard style for a while. The problem remained (broken english version and forum/forum in the link). Now I've set everything back to normal.

Two more things. Like i said in the other thread, i've exported the language pack and when I tried to re-upload it i got this error: "XML Error: Reserved XML Name at Line 2". And further there seems to be an inconsistency with the encoding as in admincp i see ISO-8859-7, but in the xml it reads ISO-8859-1 (and remember that the db is UTF-8).

Also, after the upgrade I see often a visitor getting this:

Code:
                          unknown_location
                          route:content%2F12-25CC-25E1-25E3-25E9-25EA-25DD-25F2-25C1-25F0-25E1-25F1-25E9-25E8-25EC-25DE-25F3-25E5-25E9-25F2-%28-25F3-25F4-25EF-25ED-25CC-25F0-25FC-25F1-25F7-25E5-25F2-25F3-25F4-25EF-25ED-25B8-25F3-25F3-25E5-25EA-25E1-25E9-25E1-25EB-25EB-25EF-25FD%29
                          Maybe these two are also somehow connected to the problem?
                          Last edited by dimitrios; Tue 28 Dec '10, 1:11am.

Comment

• dimitrios
                            • Oct 2008
                            • 4.1.x

also, a friend didn't manage to register as he was getting this error message: "Invalid Referrer Specified" (and he did try a different browser like i suggested).

now i get suspicious when i see users keeping busy registering but not getting through it, in the end (like someone did just right now)

two many issues...

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

If you are not running any mods, fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...