Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibaker
    • Oct 2004

[Forum] Its a bit rough when you can't search

It a bit rough when you can't do a search here for posts on a component of vb...trying doing a search for API
    Best regards
    Ian
    "Everyone wants to fly, but some people just haven't realised it yet"
    www.recreationalflying.com
    NOTE: This post remains solely the property of the poster and any reference to it is done so by the acceptance of this condition. Also elements of whatever I posted were previously used by a competing site so the post is also made on the condition that it can not be used by Glenn Inwood of Cowra NSW Australia or anyone associated with him.
  • Meestor_X
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.8.x

I agree that the min. word size sucks. It's a workaround to keep from overloading the server due to the terrible search system that vbulletin uses. Also why there's minimum time limits between searches on most large vb boards.

Thank goodness they're finally looking into a new search system (called Sphinx)...

Anyway, you can get what you want by doing this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Search Vbulletin.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	3680951
    -Andy.
    http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com

Comment

• ibaker
      • Oct 2004

Thanks mate
      Best regards
      Ian
      "Everyone wants to fly, but some people just haven't realised it yet"
      www.recreationalflying.com
      NOTE: This post remains solely the property of the poster and any reference to it is done so by the acceptance of this condition. Also elements of whatever I posted were previously used by a competing site so the post is also made on the condition that it can not be used by Glenn Inwood of Cowra NSW Australia or anyone associated with him.

Comment

• Ace
        • Apr 2004
        • 4.2.X

Or API* .. that works.
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...