X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alaska_av8r
    • Dec 2009
    • 3.8.x

[CMS] Adding a Caption to images in a CMS article

Has anyone figured out how to add a caption to images that are in your CMS articles. I know how to do it by placing the image in one cell of a table and the caption in another, but honestly I have had so much trouble with tables being buggy that I hate them.

I am currently using this styling code in the image settings box to align my pictures but cannot figure out how to put a caption to the image. By a caption I mean below the picture for it to show something like "Figure 1" and that way I can refer readers to the image in the text by saying refer to figure 1.

I currently use this style in the image settings but cannot figure out how to add a caption.
    "float:left;border-styleutset;border-width:10px;margin-left:10px;margin-top:10px;margin-right:10px;margin-bottom:10px;"

Also did anyone ever figure out what the description box was for in image settings?
  • reefland
    • Sep 2000

There is no default functionality for a caption. The Description box fills in the description code in the images html tag.
    sigpic
    Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

• Ramsesx
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.8.x

Any news about this? There are two stylevars vbcms_article_image_caption_font and vbcms_article_image_caption_colors, but I think they are without function?

Comment

• alaska_av8r
        • Dec 2009
        • 3.8.x

I haven't heard anything.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...