X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoyB
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Importing style problem

I have a problem when importing a new style. I have tried many different styles and have the same problem each time.

I have uploaded everything to the correct folders as instructed. The background colours appear correctly in my CSS control panel but are not displaying on the forum, it's just the standard default colours of the forum.

Any help would be much appreciated?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Can you point to a specific style so we can try the same thing? Also provide step-by-steps instructions on what you are doing exactly.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• JoyB
      • Jul 2003
      • 3.6.x

Hi Steve, thanks for your quick reply.

I have tried four styles with the same results. The latest one I downloaded here:

As with the other styles, I followed the instructions to the letter. In this case, I unzipped the .zip file and uploaded the "styles" folder to the root part of my webspace. I then went into my vb control panel and using the "styles and templates > download/upload styles" panel, uploaded the XML file from my hard drive. I used the "create new style" option, with Ignore Style Variation set to "yes". I also selected the "no parent style".

Some of the images display correctly (for example the "titleimage" is there as "styles/xmas/xmas_logo.png") - but some don't. It's very hit and miss, though all the image paths seem correct. However, ALL the colours are displaying the default vb blue shades (navbar, backgrounds etc.) though they should be reds and greens.

If I look in my Style Manager's StyleVar settings, the "navbar_background" (for example) shows the Background Colour should be "#550705", and I can indeed see a dark red color in the preview box. But when I view the forum for that style it just looks the normal default shade of blue.

I've asked for help in the vbulletin.org forum where this skin is available, and if you read the threads you'll see that other people don't seem to have a problem. While the CSS may be configured correctly, my vb is somehow ignoring some of the settings and showing the default vb skin.

So while the CSS if fine, I'm assuming there's something, somewhere, in my vb settings that isn't right. Do you think this could be the case and, if so, any idea what it may be?

Thanks for your help
      Last edited by JoyB; Wed 8 Dec '10, 12:10pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

I was able to upload that style just fine to my test forums and it worked. No problems. Make sure you upload the images correctly. The 'styles' directory should be uploaded as a subdirecotry of the main forum directory., Otherwise you need to adjust the imagepath variables in the stylevars accordingly.
        Attached Files
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• JoyB
          • Jul 2003
          • 3.6.x

Thanks Steve but as you can see from my screenshot there's nothing wrong with the image paths. I have uploaded everything correctly.

Comment

• Michael König
            • May 2001
            • 3.6.x

Is this option set to Yes?
            Admin Control Panel -> Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Allow Users To Change Styles

If not, only the Header will change - the rest will use the default style.

Comment

• JoyB
              • Jul 2003
              • 3.6.x

Thank you very much Michael, that worked perfectly and I appreciate your help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...