Vbulletin and Drupal cookies help needed asap!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kap
    • Dec 2010
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Vbulletin and Drupal cookies help needed asap!

I added the Vbulletin Forums to my drupal website using DrupalVB module to make it so users could log in to both the site and vbulletin at the same time.. I have this working, but I am having one major issue with it:

It seems that people are being automatically logged out of the Vbulletin forums Side because of the cookies and when they try to log back in, it takes them back to the Home page
    of the site and still does not keep them logged in. They can only log
    back into the forums by clearing their Cookies on their computer.

Here is what sounds like my problem.
    The problem arises when your users are browsing your drupal site for longer than the cookie expiry for vBulletin (roughly 900 seconds, I think). You could change the cookie expiry, of course, but because Drupal re-ups its expiry every time a page is loaded, both vBulletin and Drupal will get out of sync. To fix the problem, modify drupalvb.module to add the following lines at line #335 (the end of the switch statement in the drupalvb_user function): This essentially resets the vb cookie every time a drupal page is loaded with a user logged in.

I thought I found the solution here: http://drupal.org/node/734226

I tried to find the patch for this issue, but I couldn't find one in the vbulletin Support forums.

The latest patch release changes the COOKIE_SALT to a long random string.
    define('COOKIE_SALT', 'ZAtsgWSgr20P3CmUzfntDbNf80BvY');

Can anyone help me fix this! It is causing a huge headache with my members and myself?

Please and thank you!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...