Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ace
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.2.X

According to http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ss-sheet-error , swapping the CSS storage method to Filesystem fixes it.

You'd probably want to ensure the /clientscript folder is actually writable, and that the files are being generated, before discarding the idea.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• DAMINK
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Ace
      According to http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ss-sheet-error , swapping the CSS storage method to Filesystem fixes it.

You'd probably want to ensure the /clientscript folder is actually writable, and that the files are being generated, before discarding the idea.
      Thanks mate. I will test this now.

Permissions were already correct and this did not help.
      FTW Forum <- Home of the damned!

Comment

• Ace
        • Apr 2004
        • 4.2.X

Are there old files in there? Maybe delete and recreate the folder if there's nothing in it you want?
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Boofo
          • Apr 2002
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Ace
          Are there old files in there? Maybe delete and recreate the folder if there's nothing in it you want?
          I was just going to suggest this.
          vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• DAMINK
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Ace
            Tried that. There was many files in there. Deleted all and now no difference.

Comment

• melbo
              • Apr 2005
              • 3.8.x

Can you verify that your URL in ACP Options/Settings is correctly pointing to your forum? Being 'styless' as you are now is usually a sign of a bad URL.
              Unless you are going for the "FTW and Styles too" look?

Take out the www.
              Last edited by melbo; Sat 4 Dec '10, 9:36pm.

Comment

• DAMINK
                • Jun 2010

Yes tried that and no luck.
                Here is how its setup and has been this way for nearly a year now.

Also when i try log back in hang at http://www.ftw.net.au/login.php?do=login
                So again it does appear as though its not pointing to the correct url or something?
                Frustrating little problem i have here.

Comment

• melbo
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 3.8.x

try taking out the www. Your avatars and logo are pointing to ftw.net.au but all of your page source is pointing/calling on www.ftw.net.au.

Try it and see what happens

Are you using the CMS?

Comment

• Destron
                    • Dec 2009

Checking my settings to see if there's anything different.
                    Under homepage URL you have your entire URL where I only have /content.php
                    if you don't have the vBulletin suite, maybe you'd wanna try using just
                    /forum.php

Comment

• melbo
                      • Apr 2005
                      • 3.8.x

either that or you didn't get a complete upload of all your vB files.
                      Your page is trying to call from both www and non-www. That's a problem you need to track down. Change your .htaccess file lately?

Comment

• DAMINK
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by melbo
                        try taking out the www. Your avatars and logo are pointing to ftw.net.au but all of your page source is pointing/calling on www.ftw.net.au.

Try it and see what happens

Are you using the CMS?
                        Yes i did try that and no difference. No i dont have CMS

Originally posted by Destron
                        Checking my settings to see if there's anything different
                        Its been that way for over a year now so i dont expect that to be it. However i clearly have no idea lol so i am trying everthing at this point.

Comment

• DAMINK
                          • Jun 2010

either that or you didn't get a complete upload of all your vB files.
                          Your page is trying to call from both www and non-www. That's a problem you need to track down. Change your .htaccess file lately?
                          The only thing that changed was i tried to update.
                          This all started after that.
                          As for files. I am currently using 4.0.8.2 file structure.
                          Tried my backed up ones i backed up yesterday and the new ones from 4.1 but none make a difference.

Comment

• melbo
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 3.8.x

If you attempted to update, and then reverted back to old files, Your templates will be all screwed up. Obviously you can get into your ACP, go in and try to create a new style, with no parent and try using that style.

Other than that, I'm out of options for you to try. I still think the mix of www and non-www is a clue:
                            Your page source is www but any of the images that do display (and I've tried all your styles) are calling on non-www.

Good luck, I'm off to bed.

Comment

• DAMINK
                              • Jun 2010

If you attempted to update, and then reverted back to old files, Your templates will be all screwed up. Obviously you can get into your ACP, go in and try to create a new style, with no parent and try using that style.

Other than that, I'm out of options for you to try. I still think the mix of www and non-www is a clue:
                              Your page source is www but any of the images that do display (and I've tried all your styles) are calling on non-www.

Good luck, I'm off to bed.
                              Thanks for trying mate. Appreciated.
                              I have tried about 5 styles so far. Tried deleating ones. Tried everything possible as far as styles goes.
                              As for the www but. I will look into that.
                              However my domain is long established and images only being called from either www or not will make no difference that i can think off.
                              Its not a new host or domain. So its not like a propergation issue or anything like that either.

When i did try the upgrade it did screw up. As first posts will indicate.
                              I have since rolled back database and files to PRE update but i still have this issue so yea its got me stumped big time.
                              I guess FTW is not going to be back online any time soon lol.
                              Cheers again for your help.

Comment

• Mr. Mikey
                                • Feb 2009

Here's something Steve once said to me in a support ticket, I keep it to hand now as it's useful information;

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
                                BTW

I'm one of the most vocal people there are when it comes to issues I don't agree with, issues which upset me with vBulletin or ANY software, and I have to say that recently I had an issue which wasn't even with my forums, and Zachary and myself resolved the issue in under 6 hours (or so) via the ticket system, Support is one thing I've never had a problem with here at vBulletin. Sure, the amount of bugs, sure the query count in the initial vb4 cms, sure the numerous other problems that I have with the company, but the support staff are in the same boat, and I've never had a problem getting support with my issues here.

All you've done here is bring the heat and negativity of the community (and indeed the staff) down onto yourself instead of being patient and working it out with Zach and the support staff via support ticket.

I hope you get the issues you're having fixed
                                My Forums: The Geek District - Off Topic Hut
                                My Blog: Mikeylicious
                                Projects: Shorten URL's with kwn.me

Comment